Last week –
- Monday – No travel today so I was able to attend the Freihofer Training Challenge run (for the 2nd time although they are on week 6.) As usual, it’s a workout that you love to hate. We did do six 800m repeats at 5k pace. My splits ranged from 4:24 to 4:15 and got progressively faster so I was pleased (even though I lagged behind my friends LOL).
Afterwards, I met my BFF for a walk in the mall.
- Tuesday – Off to Liverpool for work. I was able to get a run done before dinner and the predicted rain. Who knew it would be 75 degrees. Thank God for clouds and lake breezes.
I went back for a walk after dinner but no sunset due to the clouds.
- Wednesday – Another rest day due to having to drive home after work. It was another rainy April day anyway.
- Thursday – Back home and hoping for no rain and an outdoor run. No rain but clouds and WIND!!!
- Friday – Another cool rainy day. Hopefully April showers will bring May flowers. I wanted to run but my backup plans were to pick up my race bibs, go to the Spring Run Off pasta dinner and then play mah jongg.
- Saturday – Rest Day. I had signed up for a race (Spring Run Off 10k) but family comes first. My stepson is getting married and my daughter-in-law to be asked me to help her bridemaids pick out dresses (Her mother had knee replacement surgery and could not come.)
- Sunday – Race Day. Cherry Blossom 5K. Of course Saturday was a beautiful morning for a race. Today, it was COLD, windy and RAINY. A miserable day to run, Many of my friends did run it so I am glad that I didn’t bail and I had course PR and won my age group.
I was cold and grumpy so I went home after the race. The rain stopped and it wasn’t as cold and windy so I sucked it up and went back out to finish my “long” run for the day.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – Train to NYC, 3 miles
- Tuesday – 4 miles
- Wednesday – rest day, train home
- Thursday – rest day, fly to FLORIDA!!!!
- Friday – 3 miles, tennis, beach, sun & fun
- Saturday – rest day, tennis, beach, sun & fun, theatre
- Sunday – Tropicool 5k, road trip
The Week After –
- Monday – 3 miles, tennis, beach, sun & fun
- Tuesday – 3 miles, tennis, beach, sun & fun
- Wednesday – 3 miles, tennis, beach, sun & fun – MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
- Thursday – 3 miles, tennis, fly home
- Friday – rest day,mah jongg
- Saturday – Summer Smith Memorial 5K + 7 miles
- Sunday – rest day, dinner out for Mother’s Day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Has spring arrived where you live? Please share.