Another travel work week but at least, I didn’t have to drive and it wasn’t as cold and snowy as Buffalo. And the best part, there are lighted paths to run.
Yes, “New York, New York. It’s a wonderful town…”
Last week –
- Monday – Off to NYC for work and set up in Queens. As soon as I was done and back in Manhattan, I headed to the East River to do some running.
- Tuesday – As soon as I got back to Manhattan after work in Queens, I changed my clothes and took off to run. This time it was along the Hudson River. I got a late start and missed the sunset but still a decent run away from home.
- Wednesday – Of course, I could not be in NYC and not run in Central Park. To save time (and my legs), I took the subway to Columbus Circle and ran around the park. I was really dragging but got in my steps by walking back to my hotel.
- Thursday – Unfortunately, I had to stay in the hotel to do a webinar and could not get out to run or walk. Instead, I met with a Skirt Sports ambassador. We chatted and had drinks. Hopefully the next time I come to NYC, we can meet in Central Park to run together.
- Friday – Another scheduled rest day since I had to take the train home after work. Totally exhausted because I get up every morning at 5:30 am and stay up late watching the Olympics. Plus even if I don’t run, I walk 5 miles (train, subway, work, lunch) each day.
- Saturday – Finally reunited with my running friends for an early morning run. I really didn’t feel like getting up to run but as usual, I was glad that I did. I ran 2 miles at home and then drove with Barbara to meet the others. I ran with Barbara for about 3 miles but decided to let her go ahead because she was running faster than I wanted to. So I ran the remaining 5ish by myself. Afterwards, we all met for breakfast.
- Sunday – The last Winter Series race was scheduled for today. Even though, I ran yesterday, I couldn’t turn down a free race. I woke up to snow which did make me nervous but Barbara and I decided to go anyway. I didn’t plan to race and the wind was insane. The good news – I met a fellow Skirt Sports ambassador and won my age group. Yup, another good day for this runner.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – Day OFF from work, 3 miles
- Tuesday – 2 TM miles before tennis
- Wednesday – 4 miles, mall walk with BFF
- Thursday – rest day, dinner with an old friend
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 11 miles
- Sunday – rest day, dinner out with tennis ladies
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are you dealing with winter? Please share.