Race Week…Half Marathon #36.
Last week –
- Monday – So today was week 4 of the Freihofer Challenge Training (FTC) group. As it always happens, it was the day after a race or long run. Still it’s fun to see all my “advanced group” friends. And for once the weather was not freezing or windy. I joined the Intermediate group (to avoid the nasty speed drills) and ran with no walk breaks. Some in that group are pretty speedy too so it was a good workout.
- Tuesday – A rest day finally and I met up with injured Barbara to walk, eat and catch up.
- Wednesday – As I did last week, I decided to join another FTC group to run near where I live. The Advanced group was smaller than last week (just 4) and I ran an easy 2 mile loop with them (and one more solo rather than repeating the loop).
- Thursday – .It’s taper time (not that I really needed one). I visited my chiro one last time (for some taping), picked up my bib for Saturday’s race, used the arm machines at the free gym and met my BFF at the mall to get in some steps (and chat.)
- Friday – More rest time scheduled, stop at the library, carb loading and mah jongg.
- Saturday -. Today I ran my 36th Half Marathon – Helderberg to Hudson Half Marathon, an inaugural, downhill, local race. Who knew a downhill race could be so hard? Holy aching quads. And the temps went from winter to summer (humid and almost 70). Still I had fun and enjoyed seeing so many running friends – old and new.
- Sunday – Rest day, of course but I was plenty busy…decluttering my closets, getting the hubby’s phone fixed, grocery shopping, yard work, cooking, cleaning, and finally my taxes.