Last Week: Taper Time
- Monday – The rain finally stopped but it was ridiculously windy all day. I met up with Alyssa for a short run after work.
Afterwards I met up with my BFF for an overdue mall walk (instead of volunteering with STEM).
- Tuesday – Off to Rochester for work with a stop in Liverpool on the way. And no matter how late I arrived, I was determined to get in a run in Rochester either along Lake Ontario or along the Erie Canal path. Due to impeding darkness, I decided on the canal hoping that it would be lit up.
- Wednesday – It was cold and pouring rain so I drove back to Liverpool. No running today. Sometimes, it’s ok to rest 🙂
- Thursday – Another rainy day but the rain stopped by the time I was done with work. And it warmed up too. So I ran along Onondaga Lake, one of my favorite work places to run. It was great but NO lights so I guess this will be my last one until March. 😢
- Friday – Another rainy day and a long drive drive home so I decided to skip the run.
- Saturday – For the second Saturday in a row, the Wineglass ladies met up for a run. I couldn’t decide if I should run 12 or taper 8 for my half marathon. So I compromised and ran 10. Two solo and then 10 easy miles with Jeri, a fun new running buddy. Afterward we went out to breakfast, of course. Yes, food gets me through my long runs.
- Sunday – Rest day Sunday. Watching the NYC Marathon (Shalane wow!) and other household chores ending with our anniversary mah jongg dinner.
21 miles done.
This Week: Race Week
- Monday – 3 miles with Alyssa, STEM run (2 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – drive to Liverpool, 3 mile run??
- Thursday – rest, drive home
- Friday – flight to Las Vegas!!
- Saturday -RnR Vegas 5k
- Sunday -RnR Vegas Half Marathon
So this is getting real. I can’t believe that I am leaving for Vegas this week.
I am packed (or over- packed). I arrive around noon on Friday and booked a shuttle to the hotel (Tropicana). I plan to hit the expo and hopefully find some friendly faces to connect with. Then on Sat. am, I have a bus trip to Red Rock Canyon. I can’t wait to see it. Afterward, my roomie Marcia arrives and we’ll get the fun started.
Anyone else going to be there?? Any recommendations of things to do while in Vegas??
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.