Last Week: Taper Time
- Monday – The rain finally stopped but it was ridiculously windy all day. I met up with Alyssa for a short run after work.
Afterwards I met up with my BFF for an overdue mall walk (instead of volunteering with STEM).
- Tuesday – Off to Rochester for work with a stop in Liverpool on the way. And no matter how late I arrived, I was determined to get in a run in Rochester either along Lake Ontario or along the Erie Canal path. Due to impeding darkness, I decided on the canal hoping that it would be lit up.
- Wednesday – It was cold and pouring rain so I drove back to Liverpool. No running today. Sometimes, it’s ok to rest 🙂
- Thursday – Another rainy day but the rain stopped by the time I was done with work. And it warmed up too. So I ran along Onondaga Lake, one of my favorite work places to run. It was great but NO lights so I guess this will be my last one until March. 😢
- Friday – Another rainy day and a long drive drive home so I decided to skip the run.
- Saturday – For the second Saturday in a row, the Wineglass ladies met up for a run. I couldn’t decide if I should run 12 or taper 8 for my half marathon. So I compromised and ran 10. Two solo and then 10 easy miles with Jeri, a fun new running buddy. Afterward we went out to breakfast, of course. Yes, food gets me through my long runs.
- Sunday – Rest day Sunday. Watching the NYC Marathon (Shalane wow!) and other household chores ending with our anniversary mah jongg dinner.
21 miles done.
This Week: Race Week
- Monday – 3 miles with Alyssa, STEM run (2 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – drive to Liverpool, 3 mile run??
- Thursday – rest, drive home
- Friday – flight to Las Vegas!!
- Saturday -RnR Vegas 5k
- Sunday -RnR Vegas Half Marathon
So this is getting real. I can’t believe that I am leaving for Vegas this week.
I am packed (or over- packed). I arrive around noon on Friday and booked a shuttle to the hotel (Tropicana). I plan to hit the expo and hopefully find some friendly faces to connect with. Then on Sat. am, I have a bus trip to Red Rock Canyon. I can’t wait to see it. Afterward, my roomie Marcia arrives and we’ll get the fun started.
Anyone else going to be there?? Any recommendations of things to do while in Vegas??
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin.
And with Jess @ the Right Fits and @Jess Runs Atlanta
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.
Enjoy Vegas!! Wish I was going 🙂
I love all the paved paths options you have…I would get a good headlamp and be running all the time! My Diamond Sprinter is actually super light and very bright. I just have boring neighborhoods and cars most of the time…eeeks!
I wish you were going too!!!!!!!! Will miss you!!!!
We have to plan a future meet-up.
Sounds like great plans for Vegas! I love Red Rock Canyon, it’s really cool to see and not too far from Vegas either.
Looking forward and to getting away for a few days…and the races, of course.
Oh, I’m sure you’ll have a ton of fun.
RnR puts on some really great talks, btw, or at least they used to. I saw a panel with Meb . . . except being a new runner, I had no idea who he was!
Much as I love Vegas & would love to meet new bloggers, I’m happy to be home. There was plenty of travel this year!
Yes you did travel a lot. Besides the same Fla. vacation this is my first trip.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well, and besides some day trips, and Wineglass, and going back to Watkins Glen. Don’t sell yourself short.
I’d think with all the travel for work you’d be sick of it — Lloyd certainly was when he traveled a lot for work.
I love to travel and enjoy the NYC work trips but as for Liverpool, Buffalo and Rochester, not a fan of all the driving.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re packed?? Okay I’d better go start throwing some stuff together. I need to know more about this hotel shuttle. I planned on grabbing an Uber. Can’t wait to see you!
I have to travel for work and won’t be home until late Thurs. The shuttle is only $15 round trip. Worth it.
I’m in corral 9 for the 5k and 11 for the half. And you?
I hate that it is getting so dark out earlier in the evening, especially now with the time change. That makes me not want to run certain areas now. Have a great easy week of runs before you leave on your trip to Vegas. You will have a blast!
Can’t wait. Should be a fun weekend.
Wait… are you Jewish?? The only people I’ve ever known to play mah jongg are ladies at my temple. I tried to play once and I have no idea what I was doing. Lol!
Anyways — have an AMAZING TIME in Vegas!!! You guys will have so much fun!!
I am Jewish and so are most of my friends. Not all. I love the game. But it’s very social. We chat a lot. Lol.
I bet Vegas will be a blast.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m excited for you and your Vegas running adventure! Hope the expo has lots of great things and that you have a fun weekend!
Thanks. Looking forward to it.
Yep, resting is OK. I just wonder why it is so hard to do? LOL. I can’t wait to hear about the Vegas trip. I hope you connect with a lot of other people. And, run a mile for ol’ HoHo! Thanks for linking!
I will run for you. We will miss ol hoho for sure