- Monday – Hey, a sunny day. You have to run even if you are exhausted. And that’s what I did but decided to run at UAlbany because it was close by.
- Tuesday. Had to drive to Liverpool for work. It started to rain when I headed out the door to run. I was patient and waited out the rain and was able to run along the lake before dinner.
After dinner, I went back to watch the sunset.
- Wednesday – Nothing exciting happened today except for work and a long drive back afterwards. Before I left for home, I set out for a short 2 mile ice cream run.
- Thursday – I ran with Alyssa for our weekly run date. For a change, we chose the Crossings.
- Friday – A scheduled rest day. Rest was definitely needed!!
On a sad note. My cat, Billy has been missing a week. He is 12 and an outdoor cat. I fear, at our neighbor’s garage sale, he got into some stranger’s car. Although, he’s not one of our favorites and he is pretty aloof, I still miss him.
- Saturday – Another rest day without much rest. Sue and I took a very early morning train to NYC. We had an awesome day touring the city including walking over the Brooklyn bridge and taking a boat to Governors Island. We walked 13.1 miles the day before our race.
- Sunday – Today I ran the France 8K Run in Central Park, NYC. Any race in Central Park is a challenge but I had a blast.
After the race, we walked the High Line and around Chelsea Market and Bryant Park before taking the bus home. 15.2 miles. Phew!
18.5 miles running done. (23.3 miles walking in one weekend!!)
- Monday – 3 mile run, mall walk with bff
- Tuesday – 3 mile run with Judy, funeral (instead of travel for work), tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run after work
- Thursday – rest, dinner out with tennis buds
- Friday – rest, mah Jong
- Saturday – long run, watch the hubby in tennis championship matches, dinner with Wineglass ladies
- Sunday – watch the hubby in tennis championship match, boating after
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
This week’s Guest Host is Madhuri @ Ponder ‘N’ Wonder .
That is a holotta time in your feet!!! Wow, extra treats earned lol
You have the best races, a France 8K , I have never seen such a thing…love it!
Glad I went. Such a fun weekend!!
Oh and I am so sorry about Billy 😦 That makes me very sad.
Me too 😦
Aww…poor Billy. I hope he’s ok wherever he is and finds his way back to you! Your weekend in NYC sounds like a lot of fun 🙂
Same here. I am hoping that he is happy wherever he is.
Yes, NYC was a blast!!!
I am exhausted reading your recap! Actually, I”m just exhausted. I think the dental surgery took more out of me than I expected. Looking forward to reading your race recap!
I’m exhausted too. Dental surgery sucks. Recap will be posted Wed. 😊
I hate it when cats disappear – we’ve had that happen too many times over the last 30 years. I always hope the same thing, that they have found a new family to love them and that they are are safe and happy – and I hope that for Billy, too.
Whew! Busy week! Sorry to hear about Billy. I hope he turns up.
Doubtful at this point. But who knows?
Glad you went back for that sunset! Stunning! Sorry to hear about Billy x
Did I tell you my first race ever was going to be in Central Park? But my sister and I changed our minds — as tourists and I think we found it too hard to get to registration (or something). Anyway, I really regret not doing it! Your sunset on lake Onondaga is lovely! Sorry about Billy. I hope someone has given him a new home!
You definitely need to race in Central Park.