- Monday – Since I had run a half marathon the day before, I decided to skip our FRW Challenge Group training today. I ran an easy 3 miles and went home to pack.
- Tuesday – It was raining off and on so instead of a run and tennis, I went to the gym. Then I packed and prepared for my 3:00 am wake up.
- Wednesday – 6 am flight to Florida. We landed in Ft Myers and picked up a rental car to drive to Naples. This is our 12th tennis trip here so we have a routine and it felt like coming home – unpacking, grocery shopping, relaxing by the pool, dinner out, chatting, sleep?…
- Thursday – My first Florida run – holy humidity! My goal is to run 3.5 miles most days before my tennis lesson and doubles play. Then we pack a lunch and spend the rest of the day on the beach, soaking up vitamin D, reading, playing Scrabble or strolling along the water – heavenly!
- Friday – Rain interfered with our morning tennis plans so we went shopping and out to lunch. I did manage get in a run before dinner Rather than dinner out, we stayed in and had our annual book club night while celebrating cinco de mayo.
- Saturday – No running today, just a walk, tennis, the beach and dinner out before going to a show. Another day in paradise.
- Sunday – Today I ran a 5K race. It warm and humid but still a fun time. Found out that those older Floridians are fast! After the race, I rushed home to get ready for our day trip to Cape Haze and Fort Myers.
We had lunch and then visited the Ford and Edison winter estates. We ended the day with dinner and drinks at the Ritz watching sunset.
13 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – 3 mile run, tennis, beach, dinner out
- Tuesday – 4 mile run, tennis, beach, dinner out
- Wednesday – rest, tennis, pool, fly home
- Thursday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Friday – rest, gym?, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5K race (+ 7 more miles)
- Sunday – rest, gym?, Mother’s Day
Happy Running! How is your running going?