- Monday – The weather really warmed up. It felt like summer not fall.
I returned to the Troy Turkey Training group after a week off.
- Tuesday – It was even warmer today – a record high 85 degrees. I had to spend the day inside observing a training.
At least I got in a walk at lunch.
I also played tennis that evening and went out to dinner after, as usual (shared a pizza).
- Wednesday – We were still enjoying our abnormally warm weather. I was alone today for my run. Alyssa and Natalie were unavailable and Barbara ran in the am. So I dragged myself through two laps of the campus or 6 miles before my STEM volunteer run. Since I would be busy on the weekend and next week, this could count as my long run.
- Thursday – A rainy day. No lunch walk. But miraculously the rain stopped and I was able to run with Alyssa.
Unfortunately I have lost one of my running partners. Barbara fell and chipped a bone in her ankle and is out for 6 weeks. 😦
- Friday – A well earned rest day. At least today I remember to bring an umbrella so I could take a walk at lunch.
I even skipped mah jongg to stay home and pack and relax.
- Saturday – Today I had a planned day at Ellms Family Farms with my mentee and her two sons. But the weather did not cooperate. We postponed it until next Saturday. Instead I went to the movies with friends. This is one of my all time favorite books and I was very excited when they made it into a movie.
Then after the movie, I had to rush off to run a 5K race. (Luckily I picked up my bib earlier in the day since it was at a different place than the race.) I came sooo close to bailing on this race. 38 degrees. Windy. Pouring rain. But I ran it. And it was not fun!!
- Sunday – Definitely a busy day. I took the train with my 9 tennis friends to NYC. We separated because I was having lunch with college friends, the ones whom I spent my junior year in France with. We have reunions every few years to reminisce.
Then I met my tennis friends because we had tickets to a Broadway show.
17.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday – travel to NYC for work, squeeze in a run after arriving
- Tuesday – NYC for work, squeeze in a run after work??
- Wednesday – NYC for work, squeeze in a run after work?? or maybe a show??
- Thursday – NYC for work, squeeze in a run after work??
- Friday – NYC for work, travel home
- Saturday – day at Ellms Family Farms with mentee
- Sunday – 9 mile run
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?