I’d tell you that December just flew by. It seems like I was just writing my goals and now it’s January.
As I have done every month, I would tell you how I did on my December Goals.
- Run 3-4 times each week (no matter how cold it gets.) YES!
I continue to run 3-4 miles during the week trying to vary my running courses.
- Walk while at work especially on rest days. NOT REALLY.
I got lazy! And we had a warm December too.
- Continue long runs on the weekend to train for half marathon #17 on February 7. YES!
- Complete a 5k race under 29 minutes. One YES and one NO.
- Complete a half marathon under 2:20. NOPE!
- Run at least 85 miles. YES!
- Continue going to yoga. YES!
I went to Heartspace twice.
- Avoid gaining weight (while attending holiday parties) ??? Doubtful.
- Spend time with my mentee. YES!
I saw her & the kids on Christmas Day and we also went to Canvas, Corks & Forks to celebrate her birthday.
- Start knitting again. YES!
I started knitting a lace infinity scarf.
I would update you on all the other things that I have done this past month (that don’t relate to running.)
- I had a great time in Florida visiting my friends as part of my race-cation. I spend time in both Delray Beach and Jupiter seeing the sites (despite the awful weather.)
- I went to NYC with my friends We saw all the store windows decorated for the holidays and did walking tour of the best food in Greenwich Village.
I normally would now outline my January goals.
I’ll write about my NO GOALS 2016 in a later post.
Happy Running! How was your December? Anything exciting planned for January? What would you share with me over coffee?
You had a great month and a great year! It’s been so much fun following you!!!
And I you. You are such a great blogger and inspiring runner.
Yes I agree you had a great month! I think you did exceptionally well for it being the holidays too! They can get us out of our normal routine so easy! I’ve enjoyed keeping up with you and all you do!
Same here. Maybe we’ll meet in the flesh someday.
You did a great job on your monthly goals! It definitely seems like December went by fast, but I’m so looking forward to the new year!
I’d say you did amazing with your goals! Wow you already have snow there roo. We had a really warm fall but I think that is coming to an end. Good luck with your half! Thanks for joining us for coffee and hope to see you again soon
just a little snow and it’s gone. now it is freezing!!!!!
You did great with your goals. That scarf is beautiful! I re-learned knitting last year and my skills are very rudimentary!
the pattern looks more complicated than it is,
Great accomplishments, Darlene! I truly need to get my feet back on the pavement. It’s been a busy year. Happy New Year! Hope you fulfill all your running goals in 2016!
Good luck getting back into it in 2016!
Darlene, great wrap up for the year. I would love to learn to knit. Maybe I need to take that on as something I have never done. I love cozy scarves and socks. Thank you for having coffee. Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂
I don’t knit except in the winter but it is very relaxing (and easy)
Yo did so well with your mileage!
I know I am gained, I am trying to hit the reset button now lol
You will get that sub 2:20 – I feel good vibes for February 🙂 and you have been running a lot!
maybe or maybe not…will I hit 2:09 again??