It seemed like half marathon training just started and now, it’s only TWO weeks until my first fall half marathon on Labor weekend.
How did that happen? Where did the summer go??
Am I ready?
Yes, that pretty much sums it up. Maybe we will train seriously for the next one in Maine on October 2!
- Sunday – Race Day and Boating Sunday.
I started the day with a 5k and the weather was perfect (I was not perfect but still won 1st in my age group.)
The rest of the day was again spent on the lake… relaxing.
- Monday – I had skipped my 11 Long mile run in favor of a 5k race with old friends. So before meeting running friends (on a day off) for a hike, I got there early and ran 8 miles.
Our first 3 mile walk was at Peebles Island State Park.
Then we had a lovely lunch followed by a 4 mile trail walk.
It turned out to be a very warm day so we had to end it with ice cream.
- Tuesday – Rest Day! But I did meet friend after work for a walk on the rail trail.
And then my BFF for walk #2 around an outdoor mall.
- Wednesday – Back out there for a pre-work run in the neighborhood.
I woke up to rain and so I went back to bed. Then I woke up and it was NOT raining. I quickly got dressed and headed out the door.
I made the right decision since it was pouring by the time I finished work.
My plans to re-visit the sunflower fields got postponed. The colored ones were supposed have bloomed too.
- Thursday – Another early morning run… in my foggy neighborhood.
After work, we met for an ARE-sponsored trail run at Thacher Park.
- Friday – Another Rest Day. Busy work day but mah jongg in the evening to unwind.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. 12 miles!! And I did it thanks for the help of my awesome friends!
I also took a long ride back to the sunflower field.
And then I went out to dinner with friends of a friend. The guy is from France (the brother of the lady I stayed with in Sanguinet) and used to also be a marathon runner.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday.
Another warm sunny day for relaxing and floating and reading…
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – hike
- Tuesday – run, walk after work
- Wednesday – run, walk after work
- Thursday – OFF – rest day, day at the race track
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday (Taper Time), running friends mimosa brunch
- Sunday – Boating Sunday
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – What Happened from Ages 60-64?
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Has the weather been warm where you live? Please share.