Where has the year gone? Can’t believe it’s July already!!
And now the number of daylight hours is decreasing… So trying to make the most of my available time!
- Sunday – Boating Sunday!
It was a tough decision to DNS a trail 5k race. But with weather in the 90s after a tough 15k the day before, I decided to join my hubby on the boat.
- Monday – DAY OFF! I now have every other Monday off from work. I made plans to hike with friends. But the weather didn’t get the memo. I woke up to rain!!
Heidi and I waited and waited and then decided to go for it once the rain stopped. Fingered crossed for a good time and not too much mud.
It turned out to be a lovely day. First a delicious lunch in Stockbridge, MA followed by a hike at Olivia’s Overlook…
Then we hiked at nearby Steve’s Glen…
We ended to day with the best ice cream at a farm in Lee, MA.
Unfortunately I got home too late to join the group run.
- Tuesday – A busy week ahead so I squeezed in a run at lunch…
I chose to use Peloton for my run for the music. But what interested more was of Matt’s Insights:
- Do your best with what you got!
Don’t wish for longer legs, stronger core, cooler temps, better training on hills, etc…
- Are you intrinsically or extrinsically motivated?
Why do you run? Do you need others or awards/rewards or signs of improvement? Do you just do it for you?
And then I went for a short walk after work
While I was walking, a friend called and we went for a longer walk together on the rail trail after dinner.
- Wednesday – A busy evening so I had to run before work…
Again, I was running solo so I chose another Matt Wilpers Peloton run. And I got more advice from Matt:
- Embrace the weather you have.
Go outside! Make adjustments for the weather rather than excuses.
- It’s easier for shorter runners to stay cool.
Something to do with air flow and energy expelled.
- Lyrics to “Hung Up” by Madonna
Time goes by so slowly for those who wait
No time to hesitate
Those who run seem to have all the fun
I left work early to go the Van Gogh exhibit. It was my third time (in Montreal, NYC and now Schenectady). Each time I saw it with different friends and each was different show. This visit was with my tennis friends.
Afterward, we went out to dinner to celebrate one friend’s BIG birthday.
- Thursday – I had to squeeze in a run after work and before our weekly trail
My legs weren’t happy with three days in a row of running (but I had no choice since I skipped my run Sunday and Monday.)
- Friday – Rest Day. After work, a relaxing evening with the mah jongg ladies,
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. No long races on my schedule until September 3 so I was free to just run and brunch with my friends.
We woke up to rain and my friends decided to instead to have brunch rather than run.
And yes, I was so tempted to join them….
But the rain stopped and I decided to do my LONG run.
And then in the evening, the hubby and I went out to dinner with a boating friend.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday!
The weather looks good and we invited my stepson, his wife and their two friends along with us.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – Race – Firecracker 4
- Tuesday – rest day, Lake George Hike-a-thon
- Wednesday – train to NYC, Al Goldstein 5k (in Brooklyn)
- Thursday – run (in NYC) with Cari
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – 2022 Goals – Mid-Year Update
- Friday – Share 4 (or 5) Somethings
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Any fun plans for July 4th? Please share.