Still working at home (now at least until April 30) …
All social activities still cancelled.
Missing my friends!!
Trying to get outdoors often so I do not go stir crazy in my Office (aka a room in my house).
So bored that I even signed up for one free month of NetFlix (not really a TV addict)and I am knitting again.
But if there is a silver lining in this, it’s that running solo has motivated me to vary my running routes. I am running in different places each day. It’s easy to get in a rut and run in the old same, same old. Thanks to IG and FB, I have discovered some new routes to walk or run on. Plus there is usually traffic after work. Now with everyone working from home, I can drive to places that I normally would not.
Last Week –
- Monday – Hooray for sunshine!!
Lunch walk on the trails near my house:
Post work run: Trying to avoid crowds but not run on the roads… Decided to drive to The Crossings because they closed the park to cars.
- Tuesday – Sunshine two days in a row!!
First my lunch time walk:
I had planned a rest day but rain was predicted for the next two or three days so run I did. Today I picked Washington Park in Albany.
- Wednesday – Sun has left for a few days. The morning rain had stopped so I was able to get in a walk during lunch
and a run after work. Today I decided to drive up to Colonie Town Park. Normally I would not since there would be too much traffic at this time of day. It was refreshing to check out the scenery in a different location (haven’t run here in ages.)
A little nostalgic as it was the first night of Passover and in past years I celebrated at a Seder with my mah jongg friends.
- Thursday – A miserable weather day – pouring rain and WIND. Skipped my lunch walk and hoped to rain would end by 4 pm.
Declared it a rest day from running but did get in at least one walk. It was chilly and very windy and I almost bailed but I remembered a place that looked interesting from a friend’s IG post. (Pine Hollow Aboretum) Boy, am I glad I went…it was amazing – 22 acres, 11 ponds, trees from all over the world, trails galore.
And although we don’t currently run together, our running group is chatting virtually once a week:
- Friday – Yes, another unseasonably cold, rainy, windy day. Since there was no rain at lunch time, I decided to search out a place to walk that would be shielded from that awful wind. (Elm Avenue Park Fit Trails)
Normally a rest day but no mah jongg this evening and a postponed long run so I decided why not run. I just drove to the Albany rail trail for a quick one since I needed to be home early for a ZOOM chat with my mah jongg friends.
Miss my game night…not the same playing on the computer.
- Saturday – One good thing about doing long runs alone is that if you change you mind, you don’t have to notify everyone else. The weather looked better for Sunday so today was my catch up day. Errands and boring stuff around the house including some gardening. It was cold and windy but later in the day, the sun came out and the wind calmed don so I decided to again explore a new location (suggested by my an IG friend.)
- Sunday – Long Run Saturday postponed to Sunday. Today was my taper for my unofficial virtual H2H Half Marathon. I decided on the Nisky Bike Path for this run. When I woke up, it was in the 20s.. and so I waited until it warmed up a bit (50s) Still a little breezy but warm enough for a skirt 🙂
I have run on this bike path many many times but have never ventured off the path and I today I did twice. Once to explore a 1 mile trail and again for a short time to take in the views.
Unfortunately the restaurant where we usually have brunch was closed since it was Easter Sunday so I had to settle for a post run chocolate milkshake.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day, walk
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run or rest day, walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday – VIRTUAL HELDERBERG TO HUDSON HALF MARATHON
- Sunday – rest day, walk
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Are you having hard time finding safe places to run? Are you running in new places or are in a running route rut? Did you use ZOOM to celebrate Passover or Easter with your family? Please share.