This week was less hectic than last.
We started out with fall-like weather and then as the week progressed, the temps started rising.
Just in time for my 15k race..
- Sunday – Boating Sunday! Chilly and windy but always better than staying home.
- Monday – Juneteenth celebrated so a day off from work.
I could get used to this… Doing things on my own schedule!! FOMO on you non-working runners!!
Got my weeding, trimming bushes, laundry, grocery shopping done.. all in this cool fall-like morning.
I met a friend for a walk in the afternoon (and the temps had warmed up significantly)
Then in the evening, a group was running in the Crossings so I joined them followed by a Trader Joe’s stop.
- Tuesday – Back to reality. With rain in the forecast, I squeezed in a run before work.
It rained on and off in the afternoon but my friend was still game for 5 mile walk after work… and we didn’t get too wet.
- Wednesday – Again rain in the forecast. So I decided to play it by ear on whether to run or not. There was a SOAR (Sisterhood Of Athletes & Runners) run scheduled after work at UAlbany. It’s always nice to have options.
Afterwards, I met my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Thursday – Rest day finally! And rain on and off all day.
After work, I met my friends for the ARE weekly trail
run walk. As usual, we had a good time.
- Friday – Rest Day #2. Getting ready for the race the next day.
And the evening with the mah jongg ladies.
- Saturday – Race Day – Adirondack Race to the Lakes 15k.
A very early morning wake-up since I had to leave by 5:45am to get to the race. I’d like to report that I was prepared for those hills… but I wasn’t. Still I enjoyed the last two miles and the post-race dip in the lake especially since the summer HEAT and HUMIDITY had returned.
- Sunday – Race Day and/or Boating Sunday!
Before Saturday’s race was announced, I had signed up for a fun trail 5k (see bib above). After having run a HILLY 15k the day before and temps in the 90s today… I decided I’d rather be floating in the lake!!
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – hiking with friends, run
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – rest day, Van Gogh exhibit, dinner out with tennis friends
- Thursday – run, ARE trail
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Adirondack Race to the Lakes 15k Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Any fun plans for the summer? Please share.