Fewer daylight hours every day but still enjoying my hiking opportunities. Oh and my runs too.
The weather and colors have been amazing this fall. The only bright side of 2020.
Last Week –
- Monday – I thought about taking a rest day. Especially after a half marathon and a tough hike over the weekend but looking at my schedule, it seemed like I may not have time for a run all week. My legs were feeling surprisingly fresh so I decided on an easy 5k. I drove to the rail trail but veered off in search of a NEW local park (with trails).
I was glad to have gotten that run in since it was raining when I got done with work. I still decided to check out that new park.
- Tuesday – A very windy morning with rain on the way so I got in a quick morning walk with hopes of a run and/or walk after work.
I went out for a second walk and it still wasn’t raining so I decided on a spur of the moment short run.
I had to go into work in the afternoon and decided to keep on my running clothes (in hopes that no one would see me there) and I could finish my run nearby.
It was predicted to rain and again my STEM volunteer walk assignment was cancelled. So I headed to the Pine Hollow Arboretum to get in a few more steps and to check the damage from our recent storm.
- Wednesday – My third day in a row of running but rest days were definitely scheduled for Thursday and Friday. Not enough time to go anywhere but the neighborhood.
After work, my running group’s trail walk was scheduled. It seems that our group is getting smaller but still glad to have the company and get it done before darkness. For that reason, I chose the Pine Bush Discovery Center trails.
- Thursday – A planned day off from work so I could go hiking with a friend. Luckily I have had fantastic weather for all my hikes. Today was the same. My friend chose the Beacon Fire Tower for our hike. It was quite a difficult one and a long one (6 hours!!). There were 5 of us and we got almost lost several times and met quite a few interesting people. So fun!!
Believe it or not, when I got home I felt energized and not tired so I met my BFF for a few hours of chatting and walking around an outdoor mall.
- Friday – A rest day and busy work day with just a few walks.
After work, I took my usual walk with former co-workers. It was longer than usual and then we hung out and snacked and chatted for hours…no dinner and late bed time. Oh well.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday w/the Sole Sisters. I had a real in-person race on my schedule in 3 weeks so I needed to run 11 miles. We had originally planned to run the Great Pumpkin Challenge 5k or 10k course, do the Sound Walk in Saratoga State Park and then have brunch. But it seemed to be too complicated especially with a fall event scheduled in town. So we switched to the Zim Smith Bike Path. I got there early and ran 2 miles solo, then 5.5 miles with Heidi and then 3.5 again solo while Judy, Jan, Chris and Jen did their own thing. We all gathered for brunch. The weather was crazy. Warm and humid at first and then very cold and windy by the time we finished. Our outdoor brunch days may have ended 😦
I wanted to stop on my way home to vote but the lines were crazy long.
Instead I did laundry, cooked and binge watched this:
- Sunday – I usually plan a hike for Sunday but my college friends wanted to ZOOM and it was scheduled for the morning.
I got up early to get on line to vote. It was 35 degrees but I dressed warmly and listened to a few podcasts. I got done just in time and was super happy to have gotten it done early.
The ZOOM was fun. It is always a treat chatting with them.
After the ZOOM, I had decided on a trip to two preserves (Strawberry Fields and Mosher Marsh) that were not too difficult and too far to do after work.
Neither one was very interesting due to the fact that they were flat loops and almost all the leaves had fallen from the trees. But it was peaceful being alone in the woods and good exercise.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run, STEM walk
- Wednesday – rest day
- Thursday – run, trail walk
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – Halloween Long Run (12 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How are you embracing Fall? Have you watched Emily in Paris? Have you voted yet? Please share.