This week was rather hectic and it included a quick trip NYC for work.
I am always excited when I get to visit NYC but I wish it were for pleasure.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday! And grateful that the rain in the forecast never materialized.
- Monday – I had the day off from work. The original plan was to meet a college friend in NYC. She had to cancel.
Plan B – meet a tennis friend to go hiking in the Adirondacks. She had to cancel.
Plan C – meet a running friend to go hiking in Lenox, MA. She did not cancel and we had a lovely time.
First we hiked in Pleasant Valley Nature Sanctuary.
Then after lunch, we went to Kennedy Park.
When I got home, I met two friends for a walk on the rail trail (with wine and snacks after).
Got my steps in today!!!
- Tuesday – After two days off from running, I knew I needed to get out there (in order to get my 4 days in) so I squeezed in a short one before work.
After work, again I walked on the rail trail (but a different section) with friends.
- Wednesday – A busy work day and a dentist appt.
But Wednesday evenings there are several scheduled group runs. Tonight there was an ice cream run. You know I couldn’t resist that.
Not wanting to run late and drive far, I met up with a friend to run closer to home … and have ice cream.
- Thursday – First day traveling to NYC for work since January 2020. I was subbing for another trainer. After taking Amtrak to Manhattan, I checked into my hotel, had lunch and then took the subway to Queens. Eventually I returned to Manhattan.
I couldn’t let a day in NYC go by without a run in Central Park.
Unfortunately it is hard to coordinate a meet-up with my NYC buds. I didn’t see Elizabeth but Cari and I did have a late dinner together.
- Friday – Another trip from Manhattan to Queens to work and back and then Amtrak home that night. LONG DAY!! And a hot one… 90 degrees!!! (Glad I was minimally outside.)
- Saturday – Race Day – Valley Cats Father’s Day Home Run 5k – I was NOT planning to run a race today but a running friend asked me to… that’s what friends are for…
It was fun!! And talk about weather whiplash… it was windy and in the 50s!!
and afterward, I talked her into accompanying me on 5 more miles (followed my brunch) and then errands.
- Sunday – Supposed to be sunny and warmer so the plans are to spend Father’s Day on the boat.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF (Juneteenth) – run
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – rest day
- Thursday – ARE trail run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Adirondack Race to the Lakes 15k
- Sunday – rest day, boating
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Valley Cats Father’s Day Home Run 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? What is your favorite post run treat? How are you celebrating Father’s Day? Please share.