A slow week at work, gym membership ended and I also decided against running any races this past weekend.
Even though my evenings were all booked, I still considered this week “Down time.”
Unexpectedly, my down time included some pain and almost a cut back on the running.
- Sunday – I started the day with a short run since I went to brunch after Saturday’s 5k race instead of running more miles.
Then the hubby and I (and one of our friends) went up to the lake.
- Monday – No more gym time. Instead, I went for a short run before work since I had plans during lunch and after work
And then one final birthday dinner that evening with my BFF.
- Tuesday – I had planned to walk in the am but got lazy. However, I did drag myself out for a another short run at lunch.
And then I had plans to meet friends after work for a walk on the rail trail. The walk got rained out so I got my nails done instead.
- Wednesday – A planned rest day due to a hair appointment after work.
But it was more than planned as the night before, I woke up with pain in my right shin. Of course, I freaked and spent a sleepless night.
I immediately called my chiro but she had no appointments until Friday afternoon.
Was it legs cramps from dehydration, shin splints, tibial stress reaction or fracture???
To be safe and not run or walk until I knew if it were serious, I got an appointment with an ortho for the next morning.
In the meantime:
and the pain disappeared!!!
- Thursday – In fact, it didn’t bother me at all last night. So I cancelled my ortho appointment for this morning.
Rain on and off all day had me postpone my run (to test my shin) until after work.
And then I went to the weekly trail run. I walked with my friends.
- Friday – Still feeling good so I also cancelled my chiro appointment. A pretty low key evening with some weeding and finally planted my tomato plants.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday.
I was tentatively scheduled to run a 5k with the STEM group (that I had volunteered with.) But the program petered out and most of the participants were walking (not running so instead I chose to join my friends for a 7 mile long run followed by brunch.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday.
The plan was for relaxing and reading on the lake.
The forecast called for rain… NOPE!! Beautiful day!
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – hiking with a friend.
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – train to NYC, run in CP
- Friday – rest day, work in NYC, train home
- Saturday –
Long RunValley Cats Father’s Day 5k (+ 5 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, boating
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Freihofer Run for Women Race Recap
- Friday – 5 Reasons to DNS
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Ever have pain just mysteriously disappear? When you do have pain, do you immediately see a professional or do you do self-care? Please share.