No big Heat wave. No races. I did complete my last long run before my half marathon.
However, my trip to the New York Botanical Gardens and the Sunflower field were the highlights of the week.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday. After work, I had time to kill before my Freihofer group run so I drove to see the sunflower field. Due to our hot, wet summer, it wasn’t as impressive as last year but still awesome. ❤ sunflowers
Today’s intermediate workout was 15 min run, 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes slow x 3, 15 minute run.
- Tuesday – I planned this months ago with my tennis friends – a day at the New York Botanical Gardens to see the Kusama exhibit. The forecast was for clouds and showers. Nope. Beautiful weather to hang with my friends. I knew I’d love Kusama’s art but it was even better than I expected…and there were so many flower gardens and water lily ponds. ❤
The NYBG is in the Bronx, right near Little Italy. So afterward we enjoyed a delicious Italian dinner before our long drive home.
- Wednesday – A busy work day at home but I was able to meet friends after work for a walk followed by either the SOAR run or Ice Cream run. Since the SOAR run was held where I was already walking, I chose these women to run with. (Definitely will do the ice cream run next Wed.)
- Thursday – Another busy work day at home but I was excited because Thursday evening is our weekly trail run/walk. Rain was in the forecast which is not unusual. I knew that I would go anyway since it was the last one (and I had perfect attendance.)
So it rained on and off all day, sometimes like a monsoon but it only drizzled during our run.
- Friday – Rest day and more rain this morning but also a Starbucks walk during lunch (since I was at the office) and another after work before mah jongg.
- Saturday – Long Run Day with 12 on my schedule. I was so happy to have company for this one. I ran all the miles with Sherry and bumped into the others on the rail trail or after at brunch.
- Sunday – Hope to get in a hike before the rains come.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, dinner with old teaching friends
- Wednesday – (last) Ice Cream run
- Thursday – Workforce Challenge 3.5 mile Race
- Friday – train to NYC for a college reunion, Van Gogh exhibit, Cezanne at MoMa
- Saturday & Sunday – run in the Hamptons, LI (visiting college roomie), beaches, wineries and more
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – What I Have Tried New This Year
- Friday – Runfessions
Next Week on the Run–
- Monday – run in NYC, train home that night
- Tuesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, trail walk
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Race 4 The River Half Marathon
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Next Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Workforce Challenge Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Update
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Is the weather interfering with your runs? Please share.