Summer is just speeding by.
However, I am actually looking forward to this new month.
I have three races planned – 5k & 10k and an informal team 3.5 race.
More importantly, I also have some fun friend events on my schedule this month – a day at a retreat on Lake George, a day at the Saratoga Race Track (breakfast & betting), a visit to NY Botanical Gardens, a college reunion to NYC Van Gogh exhibit, and a weekend in the Hamptons with my college roommate followed by a run/walk day in NYC.
Yes, I am also still working in the office only three days a week ..savoring my last month of freedom until I go back full-time in September.
- Monday – Warm temps had returned along with that smoky hard to breathe air.
Although I did run on Sunday and rarely run the next day, I decided to still attend the FTC group run.
- Tuesday – Rest Day on my schedule. My plan was just a walk at lunch and a longer one with friends after work (if the thunderstorms did not happen.)
I got to our walk early but by the time my friends were due to arrive, the storms arrived. No walk for them.
The rain did eventually stop and I took advantage and walked after dinner around my neighborhood.
- Wednesday – Ice Cream Wednesday – Another lunch Starbucks walk and believe it not, no rain. So I got in a short walk with friends after work and then a group run on the rail trail followed by ice cream.
- Thursday – Trail Run Thursday – Working from home today but too busy to do much but crossed my fingers that the predicted rain wouldn’t mess up my post work trails event.
I tried to walk at lunch but it was raining and then after work I started my run but it started raining again (after 2 miles).
So off I went to the trail run expecting rain. But nope. No rain and a really nice trail. But not long after I got home, the skies opened up. What a storm!
- Friday – Please make the rain stop. Although it was a rest day, I was working from home and thought I could walk before walk. RAIN again!!!
I only worked a half day so I could attend a lunch with my tennis friends, several of who I haven’t seen in a long time. It was so great to be together again.
Then in the evening, I squeezed in a short walk with friends and then played my usual mah jongg game.
- Saturday – Back to Long Run Saturday with my running peeps. We met at the Crossings and the weather was actually cool but sunny. I ran with Sherry and Stan for most of my 10 miles and then we went to our favorite brunch place with all the others.
Believe or not, after I got home, a friend called to ask me to teach her how to play tennis. Cross training??
- Sunday – Either hiking or boating or neither – weather dependent as always.
Due to all the rain, there is also a lot of weeding to be done.
In the end, we decided to stay home and get some work done around the house. I have to say, Weeding is tiring!!!
I did get in a neighborhood walk (using my newly downloaded Peleton app) before the rain came. Yes, It rained AGAIN!
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt.
- Wednesday – Ice Cream or SOAR run
- Thursday – ARE Trail Run
- Friday – Day OFF – run, mah jongg
- Saturday –
LONG Run, rest day, walk, boating?
- Sunday – Run for the Roses 5K
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – FASNY 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Have you been experiencing summer temps where you live? Any vacations planned? Please share.