After having rained almost part of every day last week, I was wondering if the same would happen this week.
Also as I have complained numerous times, we are now expected to work in the office at least three days a week.
But due to a day off, I only worked in the office on Wednesday and Thursday. A great way to ease back in. Next week will be the full three days. Sigh.
Both my job and the weather make fitting in runs quite a challenge… but so far, so good. (Remember I do not own a treadmill or belong to a gym.)
- Monday – I had the day off from work. My original plan was to go boating yesterday, sleep on the boat and then do some hiking up there today.
We didn’t go boating yesterday as it rained last night and today.
Hiking in the rain… And re-visit some of my favorite waterfalls.
I lucked out on the first hike. It rained on my whole hour drive out but stopped once I arrived in Canajoharie.
Since the rain had stopped, I decided to drive a half hour further to Owen D Young Nature Trail (my all time favorite place with at least 15 waterfalls).
As soon as I arrived, it started to pour. I left my poles behind and grabbed an umbrella. And I had a wonderful time.
I had to rush home since this evening was my first Freihofer Training Challenge group run. I am an ambassador for this race so I need to participate to support them. I chose Monday night because it was the only night that I was free. And I joined the intermediate group since the Advanced group this year only met on Thursday (my Trail group night.)
Obviously I was tired from hiking but excited to meet up with new and old running friends. It was raining and I was very tempted to bail. But I went and happily the rain stopped.
And guess what? Two of the women wanted to be in the advanced group as well so we will run together from now on.
- Tuesday – I woke up to rain, Again! But it stopped early and I got in a lunch time run on the rail trail.
After work, it stayed dry for a walk with my BFF at the outdoor mall (Oddly enough, it is where I walk when I go to the office.)
- Wednesday – Back in the office… trying to keep my lunch
and then after work attend our Wednesday Ice Cream Run.
Of course, there was a threat of rain/thunderstorms. As soon as I got done with work, the skies opened up. It poured and poured. And so I waited and waited. Finally I drove to Six Mile Waterworks where the run was being held and sat in my car contemplating if I wanted to run in the pouring rain. Other runners were there and going to run so I decided that I would too. And then it stopped raining. It was muddy but I ran the whole thing (and didn’t fall this week.)
- Thursday – Back in the office again. Since the trails would be very muddy after last night’s torrential rains, I decided to get up early and get in a few miles.
The lunch/Starbucks walk streak is still alive.
and this on the nature path:
After work, our weekly group trail run was held. Finally one with NO rain predicted. Yay!
I had tome to kill so I picked up my ambassador swag for the Freihofer 5k. If you are interested in running it (even virtually), sign up here and use my code (ambdc10) for $10 off.
This week’s run was scheduled at Tawasentha Park. Another very muddy run/walk. But so fun be with so many friends and other runners.
It was Judy’s birthday eve so we had to celebrate with ice cream.
- Friday – Working at home and a rest day. My work schedule and my running schedule are definitely not in sync. But there was No ice cream and No Starbucks coffee and pastry. I call this a diet win.
There were several walks and evening mah jong with the girls.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday with my peeps. My plan was 9 miles and run some of these with others and then brunch after. Of course, rain was predicted for morning and thunderstorms for the afternoon. Oh joy!
It did not rain but was warm and HUMID. And thanks to friends, I got it done.
- Sunday – In between raindrops, I was able to squeeze in a nice hike.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Wednesday – SOAR run
- Thursday – ARE Trail Run/walk
- Friday – AM run, walk, mah jongg
, moonlight paddle party (with running friends)
- Saturday –
LONG Runrest day, walk, boating or hiking
- Sunday – FASNY 5K race + more miles
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Running with Groups
- Friday – Getting Back Into Racing
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Have you been experiencing summer temps where you live? Any vacations planned? Please share.