We’ve already had some 90 degree days but the longest day came and went this past week. It is now officially Summertime!
Of course that can also mean crazy weather. 90 degrees one day, 60 the next….
I plan to enjoy those extra hours of daylight each evening (with lots of walks, runs, hikes) as the days will be getting shorter. Sigh.
- Monday – Well, I finally decided to run before work since it was going to be very hot and humid and I was still working from home. It was already hot but glad that I did it. Someone recommended listening to Tina Muir’s Running for Real podcast. It was a nice diversion to be listening to someone who was also running at the same time. I think prefer my other podcasters because I like to take my mind off my run (if that makes sense).
Today’s Nugget (from Running for Real podcast: We say “We don’t have time.” Not true. The real reason for not doing something (running, working out, seeing friends, etc.) is that our priorities are not there.
I am definitely guilty of giving that excuse. We all can make time for exercise and our friends if we feel that it is important. But we all have different priorities. If going to the gym is a priority that you re-arrange things and make time for it. If running with a friend is a priority then you again, you make it happen.
After dinner, I went for a walk with my BFF. We had planned to walk outside but with the intense heat and thunderstorm threat, we chose the mall. Unfortunately, COVID hours are in place so it closes at 7 pm. You can still walk (even though stores are closed) but it got hot and stuffy so we did finally go outside.
- Tuesday – I woke up to needed rain (and it continued to rain all day) but it didn’t bother me since it was a rest day. I was happy that it did stop by 5 pm so I could walk with friends after work. What a difference between today (in the 60s) and yesterday (90 and humid).
- Wednesday – Wednesday evenings I have two choices for group runs – SOAR (womens only run) and an Ice Cream run.
The ice cream run met at Six Mile Waterworks (part road and part trail around a lake) followed by a visit to Coldstone creamery.
Surprisingly I decided to attend the SOAR group run. I prefer local ice cream shops (not chains) and SOAR is every other Wednesday so I can do the ice cream run next week (and Six Mile Waterworks is the group trail run location for next week, as well).
We met at the Corning bike path and I ran 3 miles with a variety of women. Running with others is so much more enjoyable than running alone. I met new runners and my pace was faster than usual. Win. Win.
- Thursday – My favorite night of the week: Summer Trail Run Series (STRS). I met up with new and old friends and explored a new location. We ran around Indian Ladder Farms (famous for its cider donuts in the fall) … so fun! Indian Ladder Farms also has a brewery so we all stayed after the run for a drink and snack.
- Friday – Rest Day. I decided today that I would at least be active. I walked before work. I had hoped to bike at lunch and then hike after work but neither of those things happened.
I ended the day with my weekly mah jongg game.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. I had new appliances being delivered so I had to stay local. We all met at the Rail Trail at various times for various distances. I wanted to run a few miles before my friends arrived but Sherry was already there when i arrived at 7:15 so I ran 4 miles with her and then Jan and Deirdre joined us for 4 more HUMID miles. Afterward, as usual, everyone gathered for brunch.
- Sunday –
HikingBoating Sunday. Another scorcher of a day. too hot for a hike. The only solution was to spend the day on the lake. It was very breezy so quite comfortable.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run, walk with friends
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt
- Wednesday – Ice Cream run (with friends)
- Thursday – ARE Trail Run (with friends)
- Friday – run, walk with friends, mah jongg
- Saturday –
LONG Run, rest day, walk with friends, boating?
- Sunday –
rest day,Firecracker 4 race, boating?
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Mid-Year Review
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races? Anything exciting planned for July 4th? Please share.