By back to normal, I mean that for the second weekend in a row, I had a RACE on my schedule.
I also got my hair cut and my nails done 🙂
And I played mah jongg with my friends for the first time since March 2020.
In addition, NYS removed the mask mandate for indoors and outdoors (as long as you are vaccinated.)
- Monday – After a steamy few days, a front came through and cooled things down. I waited until lunch time to run so it was sunny and warm but at least there was a breeze.
- Tuesday – It was a busy work day with a hair appt scheduled for after work. Just a rest day! I have taken up weeding my garden as cross training.
- Wednesday – After work, we had our second SOAR run scheduled at UAlbany. A fun run with new and old running friends.
But with the threat of thunderstorms, in case it was canceled, I decided to run at lunch (in the heat of the day!!)
And I was right, it did rain. The run was not cancelled but I decided to skip it.
- Thursday – Today I squeezed in a quick run during lunch. I ran to a fairly new trail and then back to my car.
After work, I picked up my race packet for Sunday’s race
and then went for a walk with two friends on the rail trail.
- Friday – Rest Day. It was supposed to rain all day so I didn’t plan much outside activity. I played mah jongg for the first time since last March!! Happy to be re-united with these wonderful women. And I remembered how to play!!
- Saturday – Rest Day #2. I know I should rest but the trails were calling. Unfortunately the rain postponed my walk until later in the day. I tried to decide what to wear for my race which I thought since it was on Memorial Day weekend, I could wear a skirt and a tank… Forecast was for 40 degrees and rain!!!
- Sunday – Race Day! Miles on the Mohawk 10 miler. As I mentioned, summer had seemed to have come and gone. And it was freezing (in the 40s) and it poured for 8 of the 10 miles. Still had fun and glad to have done another in-person race.
I think I spent the rest of the day warming up in front of the fireplace (Is it really May 30??)
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – HOLIDAY – DAY OFF – hiking
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, walk with friends, Scrabble night for charity
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run or 5K
- Sunday – rest day, boating/hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Miles on the Mohawk 10 Mile Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Have you been experiencing summer temps where you live? Any vacations planned? Please share.