I have been complaining about it being cold and windy.
I’m happy to report there were days warm enough to wear a skirt and tank!!! (However, next week we will not be as lucky.)
- Monday – Unfortunately I got dressed in the morning but didn’t get out to run until after work. But it was a very tiring day and my run just felt off (or maybe I was overdressed).
Followed up my run with a long walk with my BFF (sweaty so now I felt chilled oy!)
- Tuesday – Another picture perfect running day. Today I decided to squeeze in a neighborhood run during lunchtime. I dressed appropriately and my energy level may not have been any better than Monday but I had different expectations.
After work, I met up with a friend for a walk on the rail trail.
- Wednesday – I was debating on whether to run or have a rest day. Well, the weather made my decision. It started raining earlier than predicted so I was going to skip my run and bike instead. But then the rain stopped so off I drove hoping to get in a few. I didn’t run where I had planned because I wanted to stay close to my car in case of a downpour.
- Thursday – 60 degrees!! Woo Hoo. Of course I was excited to get in a run after yesterday’s rain. I drove into town during lunch. Unfortunately it was cloudy so it didn’t feel as warm as Tuesday. Once I started running, I realized that it was humid so a tank would have been a better option.
After work, I was back on the rail trail for a walk with two friends. It was even warm enough to have wine and appetizers outside post-walk.
- Friday – A scheduled rest day and this week it worked out perfectly since it was a rainy morning and a very windy evening. I did a lot of yard work at lunch (X training, right?) and then walked in the mall after work.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. As I mentioned last week, now all the snow and ice has melted which gave us many choices on places to do a long run. Someone suggested a run on a new bike path because it was hilly (Some of us are running a hilly half marathon in a few weeks.) I was very skeptical about this. I never train on hills and in a race, I walk them if they are steep. I even considered running alone on the flat Corning bike path. Fortunately Sherry agreed to run with me and then we met everyone else after for brunch. The weather gods were wonderful and it was beautiful out.
After grocery shopping, I was back at it again with more x-training or yard work
- Sunday – I was afraid Hiking Sunday would have to be postponed due to rain and wind. But I headed out early, drove quite a ways south and was able to cover some trails and see a waterfall. I wanted to explore some more trails but I am glad I did not. It started to pour as soon as I left.
Stuck indoors, I spent the rest of the day decluttering my closets.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, walk
- Tuesday – rest day, bike, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run. walk
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – Long Run (12 m)
- Sunday – bike, hike
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Is it warming up where you live? Any signs of spring? Do you de-clutter your clothes before a new season? Please share.