March 17, in addition to being St. Patrick’s Day was my ONE year anniversary of working from home.
Spring also officially began. Still waiting to see those blooms… And for those temperatures to rise!!!
But I am loving the extra hour of daylight. Let the after work hikes begin….
And so I completed another milestone in my 52 Hike Challenge:
- Monday – Winter had returned with 0 degrees wind chill so I waited until after work to do my run. Still chilly and windy.
- Tuesday – Busy work day so only two walks. One at lunch and a longer one after work with a friend.
- Wednesday – Still busy at work but I did have time to squeeze a run in at lunch. A little warmer and less windy but pretty dreary out.
The best part of my day was my after work hike to Five Rivers… no snow, flowing water, deer, etc… so relaxing.
- Thursday – I should have run before work but I was hoping that the rain would hold off. Nope. it was pouring at lunchtime so NO run for me. That also meant we were back at the outdoor mall for our after work walk.
- Friday – Rest Day! It was sunny and since I skipped my run on Thursday, I was tempted to run but I never run the day before my long run so I walked instead.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday returned. With the snow all melted, we were able to choose one of the bike paths. Six of us met at the rail trail. Some running, some walking and various distances and paces. I seem to be dragging the caboose these days so still glad to have company for most of the miles. It was even warm enough to have brunch outdoors.
Though my legs were a little tired, we were getting a new roof put on our house. Too noisy to stay home so I set out on another hike, a nearby one.
- Sunday – It was even nicer today…that meant it was a hiking day!!! I have a new challenge too. Columbia County Hike 5 (or 10) Challenge. I had two new ones on the plan for today. I LOVED them both.
I got a recommendation about this trail while I was at Ooms.
Six miles for the day and I didn’t finish all the trails.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, walk
- Tuesday – rest day, bike, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run, walk
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, bike, walk/hike
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? How’s your weather and its impact on your running? Any signs of spring? Please share.