Counting down until my THREE day weekend.
Counting down until Biden is sworn in as President.
Counting down until I get my COVID vaccines. (I became eligible this week and after a zillion failed attempts, I got an appt.)
Counting down until I can run an in-person race.
Some years, it’s hard to enjoy the present and you have to look ahead to better times.
That being said, so far, this year I have kept up my fitness goals – running easy, running long, walking, hiking, indoor biking (two activities each day.)
Last Week –
- Monday – Another cold gray morning. Postponed going outside until lunchtime. The sun never came out but it was at least a little warmer. I decided to try something new for my run. I drove to the park n ride, ran a mile to the high school, ran a mile around the track and then back to my car. A really nice diversion. The track was empty, clear of ice/snow and easy on the feet. Maybe next time, I’ll even do some speed work.
With a few more minutes each day of light, I was able to explore a local trail after work.
- Tuesday – Before work I rode George since it was a rest day.
During my lunch break, I went for a short walk. Just out my back door and onto the waterline.
After work, I got in my 2nd daily (and longer) walk with a friend around our outdoor mall.
I spent most of the evening trying to make an appt for my COVID-19 vaccine. At the current time, it was only offered through April 16 at UAlbany and all the appts were filled or the website kept crashing….grrr!!!
- Wednesday – After a sleepless and frustrated night, I decided to get out earlier for my walk today.
And back to running. I had more time so I drove to do my lunch run. I wish I time for a more scenic location but they are either icy or too far. I settled for the roads near the rail trail as I did last week.
After work, I got in a second but longer walk with my BFF. But the good news is that I decided to check out the vaccine appts one more time (after checking them ALL day) and miraculously, I found an open slot for Jan. 19!! Super ecstatic.
- Thursday –I debated whether to take a rest day or run. It always depends on which day of the weekend my long run is and that depends on the weather. I decided to walk at lunch and drive to the trails in our town park. I was wondering if they we would be icy. Yes in most places!!
and then went for a run after work at UAlbany before my walk.
I met with friends again for a long walk after work (my 3rd night in a row at the same locale.)
- Friday – With Saturday’s weather looking iffy and today being dry, my rest day turned in a run day. Rain was forecast for the afternoon so I needed to get out at lunch (or before work but that rarely happens.). To save time, I ran in the neighborhood. And I think I saw a glimmer of sun through my window in the morning but by the time I got out to run, it was gray and gloomy. I didn’t do a Peleton run because it used up all my data last month. Instead, I listened to a podcast (that I had already downloaded.)
The rain held off until evening so there was time for a quick hike before dinner. And then my walking companion called me and insisted that we do another outdoor mall walk. (I may have created a monster lol).
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday postponed due to rain/snow. Instead, I started the day with a virtual bike ride (via ZOOM) with some other bloggers. So fun.
After housework and errands, I realized that I hadn’t taken my daily walk. It had stopped raining so I decided to seek out another waterfall trails. I though that I might encounter ice and snow. Nope. Two miles of MUD!!! Still worth it.
It was also our Anniversary (22 years) so I wanted to do something special. A hard decision since it is the Pandemic and the weather was lousy.
We I decided on outdoor dining… in an heated private igloo on Lake George. Unfortunately, the igloos were all booked but we have reservations for NEXT Saturday.
So instead, take-out at home. And actually, if I run next Saturday am instead of on Sunday am, it will work out better to celebrate (with drinks) on a Saturday night. (Fingers crossed for good running weather next Sat. am.)
- Sunday – Re-Scheduled Long Run Day. After four weeks running at the Crossings, I wanted to vary the location to the Nisky Bike Path. Rumors had it that the path was clear, at least in one direction but yesterday’s weather might have changed that so back again to The Crossing it was. I was so lucky to have Karen for a few miles, then Chris and Sherry. It was harder than normal. I rewarded myself with a shopping spee at Trader Joe’s
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF -bike, walk/hike
- Tuesday – run, walk, COVID-19 vaccine
- Wednesday – rest day, walk, Sole Sisters ZOOM
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – LONG RUN, walk
- Sunday – rest day, bike, walk/hike
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Have the winter temps or snow hit? Have you signed up for any races? Virtual or In-Person? Please share.