Yes, it’s 2021 and a new year. But not much is new yet.
I will be more hopeful when the COVID cases stop increasing everyday and I get the vaccine.
Until then, the weather has not been my friend either (although it only snowed at the beginning of the week, it has been COLD.)
Happy to note that I will be riding George when I do not run and no matter what, I will walk everyday (and wear Yak Trax to do a little hiking).
Last Week –
- Monday – I woke up to more snow than they predicted.
Happy that it was a rest day and that I had George to keep me occupied. I’m working on getting some cycling legs. It still feels hard at low resistance. lol
It’s hard after work to get in a long walk since it is gets dark so early still. I took a chance on being able to hike a bit (with my yaks) at the Pine Hollow Arborteum.
- Tuesday – .Snow really puts a kink in my routine. You never know for sure where roads and paths would be clear. I decided to run in the roads during lunch. It was fine but boring – no pretty flowers, fall foliage or holiday decorations to photograph. So my goal was to seek out snowmen…
Still making sure that I walk everyday. With working, it’s easier for me to get out after work. Today, I headed back to Five Rivers for a short walk before total darkness.
- Wednesday – I had more time today so I walked BEFORE work. I just went through my yard onto the water line. Such a great way to start the work day (even if the sky was gloomy and no pretty sunrise.)
And I drove into town to do my run at lunch. I had briefly thought about a bike ride but no rain or snow so I gave it a shot. I scouted out the rail trail but nope, still too icy so I ran on the nearby neighborhood roads.
- Thursday – Hooray for sunshine but boo for 20 degrees. I decided against that early morning walk. But again, I drove at lunch to a location to do my run. I parked in a different spot than the day before. The rail trail still was too icy in spots so I ran on the sidewalks and on the roads. I again used the Peleton app for part of the run. For some reason, it doesn’t show the distance on the watch while I’m running so I ended up with 4 miles rather than the planned 3. It may have been sunny but the wind made it feel awfully chilly.
My after work (social distanced, masked) walks with friends resumed but today instead of on our usual Friday schedule. I hadn’t seen them in a few weeks so it was great to catch up. We decided to change to Thursday walks and maybe even add in another day.
- Friday – After three days of running, today was declared a rest day and it was my busiest work day too. That gave me barely time for a 30 min bike ride during lunch (no Peleton, had to do work while I pedaled).
After work, I headed to the mall for a long wall without worrying about the dark.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday was back. The weather cooperated but still returned to The Crossings because I felt comfortable that I could avoid the ice by running there. I was able to run most of the miles with Sherry and Chris (Deb walked). We wore our gaiters and kept apart so I felt totally safe. Too cold to eat outside after our runs so the group brunch will have to wait until spring.
- Sunday – I started the day with 30 minutes on the bike sweating with Miley and Jess.
and then I wanted to get outdoors for a long walk or hike. So I dressed warm, grabbed my poles, Yak Trax and headed to Huyck Preserve. It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining brightly and the path was plowed. I didn’t even need my poles or Yaks. And the waterfalls were breathtaking.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, walk
- Tuesday – rest day, walk, bike,
hair appt,walk with BFF
- Wednesday – run, walk
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – LONG RUN, wedding anniversary (22 years)
- Sunday – rest day, bike, walk/hike
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
I also have exciting news!
It’s time for a brand-new Friday Five, and we are thrilled to bring you this Fit Five Friday link-up (starting Friday, January 15!)
We’ve got FIVE incredible co-hosts, and we are ready to link up every Friday to share YOUR weekly fitness favorites! Join hosts Me (My First 5K and More), Running With Attitude, Run Laugh Eat Pie, Runs with Pugs, and Zenaida every Friday for Fit Five Friday! Who’s ready for some fun?
Here are the guidelines:
Your link should center around some kind of fitness (exercise, wellness, mental health, nutrition… the possibilities are endless!) Please link back to your hosts! It’s the right thing to do! Share the link-up love by visiting and commenting on your hosts and at least two other Fit Five Friday bloggers! Feel free to share about Fit Five Friday on your social media! Tag #FitFiveFriday to get the word out! And let’s go! We can’t wait!
Happy Running! How is your running going? Have the winter temps or snow hit? Have you signed up for any races? Virtual or In-Person? Please share.