Well, I used to be excited during this week – only four days of work, a Turkey Trot race, and lots of good food and time with family and friends.
I am trying to be a positive person and not post about how “sad” I am feeling.
But running-related, things are fine.
Last Week –
- Monday – A rainy morning so no pre-work walk or run. I did get out at lunch. So cold and windy!!!!
After work, I am trying not to limit myself to UAlbany because there are lights there. Instead, I drove to Washington Park in hopes of running there under the Holiday Lights (There was scheduled a walk there for owners and their pets. The lights didn’t officially start until Friday.)
It was so fun. I’m definitely heading back for more runs during the holiday season (limited to 4:45-5:45 pm though)
- Tuesday – Another cold WINDY morning. Didn’t even attempt a walk or un until lunch time.
I’m not a fan of running several days in a row but these runs are slow so I decided to get in a few more miles in town (in the dark.)
- Wednesday – Since the weather was iffy for Thanksgiving Day, I decided to run my virtual Run for Thanks 5k during my lunch break today. The cloudy cold windy weather seemed to be lingering.
After work, I went for a walk and in the evening watched nearby fireworks.
- Thursday – Thanksgiving Day so I had the day off from work. Almost every year since 2009, I have run a Turkey Trot 5k or 10k.
And yes, my favorite race in Troy was held virtually. But instead, I chose to do an unofficial virtual one on the Delmar Turkey Trot course.
Boy was I surprised how many people decided to do the same thing. What a great idea and so nice to see a lot of familiar faces on the course.
Thanksgiving Dinner was small. Just me and the hubby. We decided on Italian Take-out instead of turkey.
We definitely missed being with our family.
Even without the turkey and the trimmings, I needed a post dinner walk. I headed to Five Rivers hoping to have enough time to explore before it got dark.
- Friday – A well deserved rest day. I bet all my blogging friends took one too.
I had to work but took a long walk at lunch with a friend. Finally the temps warmed up a bit.
I went on an additional outdoor walk after work, as well.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Back to the rail trail for my 10 miles. I arrived early and ran almost 4 miles solo and then 5 others arrived. I run a little more than 6 miles with someone who was walking (she does walk fast lol).
I felt energetic and inspired by Chocolate Runs Judy to clear off the appliances from my kitchen counters and got rid a lot of unused stuff. Tossing is cathartic (if only my hubby would do the same.)
- Sunday – Hiking Sunday. The weather being nice and rain predicted for the next two days, I decided to go back to Van Buren Nature Trails since I felt rushed last week when I was there. But 3 of my running friends invited me to come with them to Schodack Island Park trails. I opted to go with them. It was a beautiful day and I wound up walking more miles than I would have alone. The right decision. I’ll go to Van Buren another day.
I spent the rest of the day decorating. I may not be Christian but I do like the house to be festive-looking this time of year.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – train to NYC (TBD)
- Sunday – Winter Classic 5k (TBD)
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any “real” races yet? How did you spend Thanksgiving? Did you run a Turkey Trot? Have you started decorating for the holidays? Please share.