Yup, we turned our clocks back.
So I tried to enjoy my last week of after work fun. Not that the weather was too great but at least it wasn’t dark.
Last Week –
- Monday – It started already…cold and damp in the morning and I didn’t feel like going outside …so I didn’t. Grrrrr.
It rained a bit but was still chilly so I stayed in at lunch too.
After work, I dragged myself to The Crossings. My ulterior motive was a trip to Trader Joe’s.
I didn’t feel like waiting in line outside in the rain so I went to Target instead of Trader Joe’s.
- Tuesday – Another cold dreary day. This morning I forced myself to go out for a walk (and I froze).
I had a dentist appt so I had to go out again and decided at the spur of the moment to run on the rail trail after. I had signed up for a few virtual 5ks from NYRR since they were free. Unfortunately I was way overdressed for a run (and had to keep stopping to take off my sweatshirt, hat, gloves, etc.)
Since I had gotten my run out of the way, I was free after work to do some other important things – getting my nails done, getting my flu shot, grocery shopping…
And then the rain came – no STEM walk AGAIN.
- Wednesday – Cold, cloudy, rainy seemed to be the theme of the week. So again I was not motivated to go out and walk or run. Besides my toe has been bothering me…always something (now a hammertoe caused by the neuroma/bunion).
Tonight was our last group trail walk. Due to its closer location, I chose Five Rivers. It was raining when I got done with work but happily it stopped and we had a lovely hike.
- Thursday – With rain (and possibly snow) in the forecast for today and tomorrow, I thought that I could squeeze in a dry run before work. Nope I got pretty wet but learned that I run better in the morning, I need to be cold when I start out to be comfortable when I finish and a wet run is better than no run.
It was pouring during lunch so no walk and the same after work. I had to resort to walking around the mall this evening.
- Friday – Ok not funny but I woke to snow this morning. I canceled my morning walk but did get out at lunch. Brrrr…didn’t dress warm enough.
My Friday friends did want to walk on the rail trail so I dressed warmer and met them.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Quite the dilemma on when to run.. Today was a lot colder but sunnier. Some of the group preferred the warmer but cloudy Sunday. I chose Saturday. I like to get my long run done and then enjoy the weekend. So off I went to the Nisky Bike Path hoping that the others would be able to join me.
It was 21 degrees when I arrived and of course I have amnesia about how to dress for the winter. I went out for 5 solo miles and after a few minutes, I had to take off my windbreaker (I still had on a vest and long sleeved shirt). It was chilly but the sun warmed things up nicely. I was hoping for some company but my running companion had car trouble and the others left to go walking while I was waiting. Eventually, I took off running and hoped to catch two of the walkers. Well, they decided after a mile to run. (without their normal intervals). WTH? It took me 3 miles to catch them and then they were turning around. I ran another 1/2 mile and then I also headed back. I haven’t run solo like that in a long time…not my preference but it got done and I was ready for a delicious breakfast!
On the home front, my MIL is in the hospital with pneumonia (yes, she is stubborn and refuses to get her flu shot or a pneumonia shot). However, now they think it may just be a UTI. Either way, she is 95 but very healthy.
- Sunday – So happy to have my long run done so I could relax and do some hiking. And it was chilly and windy so running yesterday was the right move.
Instead I decided to go on a few hikes. I started out early since rain was predicted. First I visited the Schoharie Creek Nature Preserve. I was surprised (since I did zero research) on how pretty it was.
Since I was in the area, I decided to re-visit the Landis Arboretum. I had been there months ago but this time I hiked different trails.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt, STEM walk
- Wednesday – run, morning off (work til 7:30 pm)
- Thursday – DAY OFF, hike, run
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – Long Run (8-10 miles), Final STEM walk event
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any “real” or virtual races lately? Has your weather been lousy this past week too? Are you sad to see Daylight Savings Time arrive? You’ve gotten your flu shot, right? Please share.