Hot hot hot.
Not complaining because I love summer and it’s better than snow and ice and all those layers.
Another 5k got cancelled – Silks and Satins.
And of course, another half marathon went virtual…Adirondack Half Marathon in September (hopefully, I can get a refund or defer…I’m done with virtuals).
Last Week –
- Monday – Too much work drama to get in a run or walk before work. UGH! Especially on such a hot day.
I also only had time for a short walk during lunch….
And so after work, I drove in search of some shade. I decided on The Crossings since there was a wooded loop I could run on. 90 degrees so still a struggle but would have been worse if I ran anywhere else.
- Tuesday – A little breeze this morning but only had time for a short walk.
I did my lunch walk on the trail…warmer than this morning but cooler than yesterday.
Since I had plans after work the next two days, I decided to get in a run. I drove to the Voorheesville end of the rail trail and hoped for a shady route. It was shady but I just wasn’t feeling it but I did enjoy seeing the artwork.
When I was done, I met my BFF to do our walk and talk in an outdoor mall.
- Wednesday – A rest day!! I skipped my morning walk (due to work stuff) so I planned to extend my lunch one (if the rain held off)…
I headed to the trails to stay in the shade…still hot and muggy!
Then after work, I met two former co-workers for a walk. It’s been months since we’ve talked so it was nice. We almost didn’t get to do it due to a passing thunderstorm however the rain stopped (but the humidity did not.)
- Thursday – I had grandiose plans to drag myself out of bed to run before work. But my foot has been hurting (again) all week so I decided to lay low. (Of course, today my foot felt fine. D’uh)
So I just went for a short walk during lunch on the waterline during lunch…hot.hot.hot. (No way I would want to run today.)
And then after work, our weekly scheduled trail walk was scheduled. This week, it took place at Five Rivers. And though it was a small group (like two of us) as usual, lots of fun (and exercise). We saw a doe and her fawn. And a Mama Turtle laying 5 eggs. Very very cool!!!
After an ice cream cone, I decided that I needed some more steps so stopped off at a preserve on my way home.
- Friday – Another rest day. My 3rd day in a row. Two walks and then I was looking forward to the trails after work. Of course, there was heavy rain predicted…
I did get to walk this morning before work.
It looked like rain but I also got in a second walk during lunch. The only water felt was my sweat lol
It was raining when I finished work but it stopped. With the predicted thunderstorms, I decided not to hike and get stuck in the middle of the woods. Instead I went for another walk. And the rain never came.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. Back to my neck of the woods – the Delmar Rail Trail. Between the weather forecast, vacations and family obligations, my running group shrunk.
I too was wondering if the thunderstorms would hold off and let me get in a few miles. No rain but lots of humidity. I ran 5 miles solo (though I passed Barbara twice on the path) and then 5 miles with Deirdre.
Did some housework, a short walk and then watched Hamilton again (this time with the hubby – he didn’t hate it lol).
Ended the day with drinks out with a friend. What happened to that rain??
- Sunday – Boating Day!
Same as last Sunday though not as hot…relaxing, eating, drinking and reading in my happy place!!
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, trail walk
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are things opening up where you live? Are things getting more normal for you? Please share.