Missing my running friends!!
Trying to get outdoors often so I do not go stir crazy in my Office (aka a room in my house). Always looking for new and interesting places to run or walk and practice social distancing. I visited two more this past week.
I have not registered for any more races until my three half marathons in August, September and October.
Now I’m not sure what I want to do. Do I continue to prepare for and run virtual halfs monthly or do I just run whatever??
Socially, things are starting to open up (with lots of restrictions).
The highlight of the week was going out on our boat!!! And running with my friends!!
Last Week –
- Monday – The day started out with rain. But it stopped and I took advantage and ran at lunch since I had scheduled an appt with my podiatrist for after work.
I have been ignoring the fact that my feet have been hurting. Finally I gave in and went to the podiatrist. She again gave me a B12 shot (which cured me last time) for the neuroma and took xray of my bunion aching foot and prescribed Naproxen (which I had left over from the neuroma) and Voltaren cream (which I also had already).
Since I already had done my run, I decided that there was time to visit a new trail. I found one that was nearby.
- Tuesday – A sunny warm day. Woo Hoo. I had to take an early lunch so could not walk with my friend.
I decided to run on the rail trail after work since it was closer than my other routes. NO foot pain!!!!! (Why did I wait so long to see a dr.??)
After my run, I met my BFF for a masked walk around an outdoor shopping plaza. You may remember that we used to do mall walks all the time to catch up and chat. I miss that!!
- Wednesday – Wow. Another sunny warm day!! I had to stop off at work to pick something up so I did my lunch time walk there.
Then after work, I decided to run near where I used to work for this week’s Un-Canceled 5k and then end up in the park to check up on the tulips.
Sadly I had to say good-bye to the tulips. (Soon they will be replaced by annuals.)
Then after dinner, I put 9 bags of mulch in my new perennial garden (Who needs strength training?)
- Thursday – Today was my hubby’s birthday! We’ll celebrate at a later date. I went for a walk before work
and then during lunch again with my friend. We talked the whole hour so I didn’t get any pix.
Then after work, my tennis friends and I gathered for BYO picnic in a park. As we did last Thursday, we sat 6ft apart and chatted and ate. (My friends are retired so were able to play tennis there before dinner.)
Of course, my running friends and I continued with our weekly evening ZOOM chat. The focus of our conversation was planning our runs together.
- Friday – Normally a rest day as I do my long run on Saturday. And the Sole Sisters planned our first social distancing run. However, the forecast was for rain… Now I had a big dilemma since we wanted to go boating on Sunday!
Anyway, I again started the day with a walk before work.
Then I took an early lunch walk. Blue skies for the 3rd day in a row…getting spoiled.
I decided keep my fingers crossed for a long run on Saturday and opted for a new trail instead of a run.
- Saturday – So it was raining when I got up so we decided to postpone our long run until Sunday. As soon as I clicked send on that text, the rain stopped.
Since I was already dressed to run, I decided to just go for my walk. I intended to walk on the rail trail but I noticed an entrance to the water line (that eventually passes behind my house) so I headed that way. Two miles later, I came to a dead end with a trail or two (and not sure which one to take). So I turned back but plan to pursue this from my end.
I stopped off at the grocery store but it was still early (and sunny) so I phoned my hubby and we decided to head up to the lake.
This was going to be our first boating outing of the season and the first during this pandemic. I was wondering how it would turn out. But it was great. Not crowded. Most of our friends were out on their boats. We got docks at our two favorite bays. The weather was PERFECT!!
It was tempting to stay and sleep on our boat but my hubby had tennis in the morning and I had my re-scheduled long run.
- Sunday – As I mentioned above, I have no races on my schedule. That leaves me free to train or not to train. I decided to go for 10 miles and decide in future weeks. whether or no to do any virtual races.
My running friends (most of them) have decided to return to our group runs. We ran or walked just not together. And then we met for brunch and ate (but not sitting together). It worked. So great to talk to them in the flesh.
The rest of the day was spent gardening and I may also get in a hike.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – HOLIDAY = DAY OFF, rest day, boating
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, walk, tennis friends dinner, running friends ZOOM
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, walk, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Have you done any parking lot or driveway get togethers with friends or family? Please share.