All social activities still cancelled. Missing my friends!!
Trying to get outdoors often so I do not go stir crazy in my Office (aka a room in my house). Always looking for new and interesting places to run or walk and practice social distancing. So far, I’ve been successful and haven’t run out of choices. This past week, I visited two more.
And I actually chatted with some good friends this week (in person).
Last Week –
- Monday – A rainy day…at least no snow. It was a rest day but I wish I had gotten out before work for a walk because it wasn’t raining yet. Fingers crossed for a break in the rain around lunch because the post work walk looked like a wash out.
It was raining and cold when I left the house at lunchtime so I wore a heavy coat and carried an umbrella. Since the trails would be too muddy, I walked around the neighborhood.
I was right, it was pouring when I finished work. Not able to visit a new trail today. But after dinner, the rain did stop for awhile. Too muddy and late for a trail walk but I did squeeze in a chilly damp walk in town.
- Tuesday – Cloudy, cool and WINDY but no rain. My bi-weekly walk at lunch with my friend got canceled. I avoided most of the mud on the trail and had a nice solo walk.
Still windy after work but a little warmer and sunnier. It’s always a dilemma on where to run to keep things interesting. I decided do my Un-Canceled 5k at Washington Park.
I struggled with the wind but ran around the city first and then hit the park to finish up.
I couldn’t leave the park before taking MORE pictures of the tulips.
- Wednesday – Hooray for some sun today. Still windy (Come on, it’s May not March!!) Decided to take to the trails at lunch (after 2 days of NO rain) to see if the mud was passable.
Then after work, I decided to check out the UAlbany loop since I had not been there since I started working from home. Due to Covid19 testing there, I was only able to do a 3/4 loop so just added on the lake loop.
- Thursday – Finally perfect weather, Sunny, warm, no wind and it was my REST DAY. I wish I had thought of getting up earlier and going for a walk before work. (Oh, you lucky folks who do not HAVE to work!!)
Today was my first real social day during this pandemic. First a lunch walk with my friend.
Then after work my tennis friends and I gathered for BYO picnic in a park. We sat 6ft apart and chatted and ate. Can’t believe that is what my social life has come to but better than not seeing my friends at all.
Of course, my running friends and I continued with our weekly ZOOM chat.
- Friday – The second day in a row that it was nice before work and I wished that I had taken a walk. It was another rest day (I don’t run the day before a LONG run.) Heavy rain and thunderstorm were predicted but I was able to squeeze in a short walk in the neighborhood after I dropped my car off for some maintenance.
Fingers crossed that the storms would hold off and I didn’t get caught in them as I had planned to explore a new trail. Can’t believe that less than a week ago, it snowed and today it was humid and 85 degrees.
I decided to go to Hannacroix Creek Preserve. The first trail went own to the River.
Then the second longer and hilly one went up to the water falls.
Got both hikes done and back home before the rain!!
- Saturday – The Steel Rail Half Marathon was scheduled for Sunday but I chose to run it virtually rather than on it’s new Oct 10 date. That meant I could run it today since the weather looked better. I decided on the Corning Bike Path for my 13.1. It’s pretty flat. I lucked out on the weather. It was sunny and warm. I struggled (my feet hurt) but I took my time and walked when needed and got it done.
After doing some errands, I got home in time for our blogger ZOOM Coffee Date.
- Sunday – Our second spring temp day in a row. We were thinking of going boating as our marina opened yesterday. But the weather seemed to be cloudy, chilly and breezy. (Don’t trust the weather app. it turned out to be a very nice day.)
Instead my hubby went off to play tennis and I went for a long drive to check out a new preserve – Huyck Preserve. I chose to do the Lake loop and glad I did.This may have been one of my favorite hikes.
When I got home, we went shopping for perennials since I decided that this year, I wanted to create a new perennial garden. (My strength training for the year!!)
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run, walk with BFF
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, tennis picnic, running friends ZOOM
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Have you done any parking lot or driveway get togethers with friends or family? Please share.