My Topic today is: Pandemic Good News
It is so easy to think about how awful these times are for runners and everyone else.
Don’t kid yourself. It is bad. We cannot see our family and friends. We are stuck in our houses. People have lost their jobs and can’t support themselves and even worse, people are sick or dying.
So here are some good things to ponder (related to running):
- More new runners. Some bloggers have mentioned that being cooped up in our homes has prompted an increased interest in becoming a runner. Kudos to anyone who has started running and I hope you continue even after this is over.
- More Online Options for training, working out, yoga, etc.. ZOOM is free and easy to use. There’s FB live. There have been so many opportunities to remain active even if your gym or yoga studio is closed.
- Connecting More with your Running Friends. One Thursday night, my running friends and I chatted for TWO hours via ZOOM. One mentioned that it was better than post run brunches when we only chat with the person next to or across from us. And when we run together, it’s often hard to chat.
- Increased Participation in Virtual Races. There are so many out there. Some even send you a bib and a medal (and the fee often supports a charity). You don’t even have run an “official” virtual race. You can just pick a race and a distance and then run it.
Plus there are so many FREE ones, Why not??
- Increased Flexibility. Working from home may allow you more time to squeeze in a run, such as before work, during lunch or after work.
With everyone working from home, there is less traffic. This gives you the opportunity to seek out a new place to run.
- More Late Summer/Fall Race Opportunities. Many spring races have been postponed. There will be quite a selection to choose from. And you’re had all this time to train. LOL
This will end. And if we come out of it healthy, that’s the best thing ever.
I’m also linking up here:
Happy Running! Any positives in your running life during the Pandemic? Please share.