My Topic today is: Spring Racing 2020
So what HAD I planned for this spring? (Now most are cancelled or postponed…)
Some of my Tried and True Races:
- 03-29-20 – Shamrock Shuffle – it’s a fun 5 mile local race that I have run several times. Hoping for dry weather this year.
- 04-18-20 – Helderberg to Hudson Half Marathon – It will be my 2nd time running this popular downhill local race. Most of my friends will be running it.
- 05-03-20 – Tropicool 5k – I have run this one several times while on my tennis vacation in Fl. It’s a HOT one but still fun.
- 05-09-20 – Summer Smith Memorial 5k – This is a race I run because it is organized by Summer’s mother – Summer died of a drug overdose after her first 5k. And it’s on my BIRTHDAY!! I have to do it, right?
- 05-17-20 – Steel Rail Half Marathon – This will be my 2nd time for this one – It’s my current HM PR from 2017. Can I recapture some of that old speed???
- 05-21-20 – Workforce Challenge – I will run this 3.5 mile crowded race to bond with some of my co-workers. Always a good time at least for the post-race eating and drinking.
- 05-30-20 – Freihofer Run for Women – This is my favorite 5k – I have run it EVERY year since I started running. And this year for the first time, I am an Ambassador. You shoild use AMBSS5 for $5 off when you sign up.
- 06-14-20 – Betar Byway 5k and Moreau Mile – It’s on the way to our boat so I usually stop off and run both of them.
Some Possible New Ones:
- 04-03-20 – Salem April Fool’s Day Race– This would be just for something different. Most likely the I’d run the 10k as a training run for my April half.
- 04-26-20 – Sasha’s Super Hero Run– My friends talked me into this 5k. It’s for a good cause.
- 6-13-20 – NY Mini 10k – When the NYC Half Marathon got cancelled, on an impulse I signed up for this women’s only race in Central Park.
So as you can see, my busy spring racing schedule is pretty bare.
Looking forward to 2021 anyone?
I’m linking up also with this new link-up:
Happy Running! Any exciting racing plans for spring 2020 or 2021? Which ones are you looking forward to? Do you have a lot of cancelled races? How are you are feeling about it? Please share.