It’s Friday so I’m also linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five linkup! Join in! Don’t forget to link back to your hostess and visit some other bloggers.
And NO I’m not posting about anything related to the Corona virus…I’ll leave that to the other bloggers lol
My topic today is: How to be a Runner Without Breaking the Bank
I know most of you love your gadgets and running outfits but you can spend little money and still be a runner.
Here’s what I recommend (from personal experience):
1. Buy an older version of a GPS watch. They will most likely do what you need (without the bells and whistles.) If the battery dies, surf the web and just buy another. I’ve found mine under $100 on Walmart.com.
2. Make some DIY items. For example, cut off knee socks instead of buying expensive arm sleeves. Wear two pairs of cheap gloves instead of lined expensive ones.
You can even use two tennis balls to roll tight muscles.
3. Register for races early or with discount codes. Many bloggers are race ambassadors and have codes. Discount codes are often offered on special dates like National Running Day.
4. Buy your running shoes online. Once you know what you like, you can find deals on them at various online stores like Zappos, Runner Warehouse, Amazon, etc.
5. Running clothes from Walmart, Kohl’s and Target work fine. If you have to run in name brands, try online sites like Poshmark, title9 and many others that offer cheaper prices.
Happy Running! Any other ideas for saving money? Have you used any of my ideas? Please share.