We turned our clocks ahead so more daylight. Win, Win on my post work day running (except for the rain.)
Sadly the week ended with the CANCELLATION of Half Marathon #42 and #3 for 2020: NYC Half Marathon!!!
Very upset..all that training…for NADA!
I can get a confirmed entry for next year but I don’t get a refund ($130) for this year’s race and I have to pay another $130 for next year’s race.
That really sucks!!
I will probably take the refund and take my chances with the lottery (or some miracle that I can run fast enough again & get into the timed entry lottery.)
Unfortunately I did not register for the Brooklyn Half because I did not want to run two half marathons that started in Prospect Park.
Last Week –
- Monday – I started the day with a PT appt…my last one!! It was like graduation.
Then after work, I went back to my podiatrist…the one who gave me the shot a few weeks ago. We talked about next steps… Nada! Continue wearing the metatarsal pad (instead of buying expensive orthotics) if it helps and if the pain starts to return, she’ll give me another B12 shot.
A beautiful spring day (74 degrees!!) and of course, it was a rest day. I was able to sneak in a quick walk before my meeting for the Freihofers Run for Women Ambassador Program. It was held at the Athleta store in the mall…(so that we would buy something with our 30% discount).
- Tuesday – I planned to run with Chris after work and was hoping that the predicted rain would hold off. But it was obvious that if I waited for her to finish work, we would get rained on. I was right.
- Wednesday – Another after work run. This time with Chris. We were as usual had the end of the day draggies but we got it done.
- Thursday – I cancelled my chiro appt. It didn’t seem to matter if I was not running the half marathon on Saturday. I may schedule another before my April 18 half marathon (if that race happens.)
My NYC friend did pick up my race shirt and medal.
Instead of a run, I went out to dinner with a former co-worker. Unfortunately she had had to cancel her wedding due this this stupid virus.
- Friday – Another rest day. I planned to stop at the gym before playing mah jongg.
- Saturday – I ran with Stan and the Sole Sisters. Since the NYC Half Marathon was cancelled, Sherry, Stan and I decided to run it virtually (I had to earn that medal and shirt!). It wasn’t easy and Stan is quite speedy so it was faster than my normal long run (but obviously slower than a race.) Chris was there too to cheer us on. And after, we all went out to a delicious and well-deserved brunch.
- Sunday – Another rest day (with NO gym available). I got my nails done and did some errands and took a long walk with Barbara.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt.
- Wednesday – train to NYC, run in CP, meet up with Cari & Elizabeth
- Thursday – run on HL or along the Hudson,
Billy Joel Concert(cancelled)
- Friday – rest day, train home from NYC
- Saturday – Long Run, yoga,
- Sunday –
10.5 mile H2H preview run(cancelled)
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone training yet for a big 2020 race? Who was running the NYC Half Marathon? Ever have a big race that you trained for cancelled? How do you feel when you are done with PT? Do you regularly see a chiro (even if you are not injured?) What about orthotics? Have you spent the $$$ on custom ones? Please share.