As so the decade has ended…
And I was home for the second week in a row. My running was slow, painful but continuing (which was a good thing, I think.)
Last Week –
- Monday – My 8 year anniversary… serious ankle surgery due to a broken fibula and tibia…
Five months of recovery and I was back to running.
To celebrate, I had to run, right? Too bad it was raining and sleeting. No choice but to head to the gym for a few miles on the dreadmill.
- Tuesday – New Year’s Eve. I normally would have run but I had planned to race the next day and I was going out with the hubby. But first I rode the bike at the gym.
- Wednesday – Day Off and I started it with a local race. Winter Series #2. There were several options but I chose the 3.5 miler (or actually 3.75). I knew a lot of runners here so it was great to catch up. Only one of my “Sole Sisters” ran it this year.
- Thursday – Just in case the doctor told me to stop running, I ran after work again…back to UAlbany with a friend.
Then I went out to dinner with a former co-worker. The holiday over-eating continues.
- Friday – Foot Doctor appt. I told him that it felt a little better but that it still hurt. He wanted to give me a cortisone shot. I wanted a MRI so I could know exactly what was wrong. So I went for an MRI. Now I’m waiting for the results. After work and before mah jongg, I went back to the gym to ride the bike.
- Saturday – Long run scheduled with the Sole Sisters. With a possible half marathon in a few weeks, I had decided to try and increase my distance. Unfortunately there was rain…lots of rain so I got my nails done instead… and did a lot of cleaning around the house.
- Sunday – Rescheduled long run. It was cold and windy but at least dry. Many (but not all) of the Sole Sisters went able to come to run, walk and or have brunch.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day, train to NYC, dinner with friends
- Tuesday – run (High Line)
- Wednesday – rest day, Broadway show
- Thursday – run (Central Park)
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – long run with Sole Sisters (10 miles)
- Sunday – Winter Series #3 (3 miler)
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How did you spend your new Year’s Eve? Have you raced yet in 2020? Any experiences with cortisone shots? Please share.