I did not have to do any of my runs solo this week. Woo Hoo! And it was also WEEK 2 for NYCM Training. 16 more to go but who’s counting? LOL
Last Week –
- Monday – I was excited today to have company on my after work run. The rail trail was the most convenient for the four of us who chose to come. In order to run with my slower friends, I ran fast and then circled back. I was able to get an extra mile in that way and not be running alone the whole time.
- Tuesday – Had a hair appointment so scheduled a rest day instead of a run.
- Wednesday – A post work run at the Corning bike path. Since I had a 5k planned for Saturday, I decided to switch things around and run 6 miles today rather than my usual 3. I was very tempted to do some social running. There were several opportunities but with my work location and the traffic, I thought better of it. So glad my running friend Heidi joined me on this sweaty (90 degrees and HUMID) slogfest.
- Thursday – Since I did not run with the running groups the day before, I decided to participate in a group (ARE) trail run today. Several of my running friends were planning to go as well. It rained most of the day and I hesitated plus I was a little nervous since I am not comfortable on trails.
I got there early and hiked around a bit. It was so pretty.
Eventually everyone arrived. I got introduced as a newbie to the trail run series this year. I also bumped into a old friend from tennis. Susie & I ran together for about half of the course and then I lost her but made a new friend, Melanie, whom I chatted with and ran the rest. Yes I ran. I planned to walk but it was so fun. I can’t wait to go next week.
Afterwards a bunch of friends went out to dinner nearby.
- Friday – My usual rest day before a race day. Also my usual Friday night mah jongg game.
- Saturday – Race Day. Silks and Satins 5k – one of my favorite summer races. Unfortunately I was not feeling great but I had committed to go and so I went. I was glad that I did. However, the lack of shade and warm temps made me feel really nauseous the whole race. But I did my best (and didn’t puke 🙂 ) and even won my age group.
When the race was over, I was happy that I had already done my long run on Wednesday and could join my running friends for brunch.
- Sunday – And of course, it was Boating Sunday on Lake George. And again the weather was perfect.