Besides my NYC trips (which I love), I have not been traveling much for work. But this past week, I was in Buffalo and of course, I ran along the water.
Last Week –
- Monday – I was expecting DOMS from Saturday’s HILLY race but there were none. It was warm but I had time for a quick SLOW loop around the campus before meeting my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Tuesday – After a long RAINY drive to Buffalo, hotel check in and set up, I was able to get in a run. I had not been here in quite a while. I was great getting re-acquainted with Canalside.
It was still early so I did a lot of walking around downtown, as well.
- Wednesday – After work, I ran back to Canalside (following a different route than the day before) and got in some scenic miles.
I’m not one to spend the evening in my hotel room so I decided to take a wine tasting sailboat ride on the Buffalo River. Of course, that meant walking back to the hotel (1.2 mi) to change and then back to Canalside.
I then had to walk back to my hotel. I did not run much in Buffalo but I did get at least 10 miles on my feet each day.
- Thursday – A rest day due to the long drive home after work.
- Friday – Decided to try running before work. Didn’t have time to drive anywhere but there is a trail behind my house…
- Saturday – Back with my Sole Sisters for a long run. Well, not really long but longer than my 3 mile weekday ones. It was great to be back with the group. Even better was the coffee and donuts after.
There was predicted to be showers and thunderstorms but the hubby & I decided to go up to the lake anyway. Good idea. It never rained and the weather was perfect.
We planned to dock at one of the lakeside restaurants for dinner but they were all full so instead we ordered pizza in town and ate at the marina on our boat.
- Sunday – Finally the rain came. I didn’t mind at all (even got my weeding done) since I had lots of errands and housework to do.