Last Week –
- Monday – Although I did run the two days prior, it was not raining and I was meeting a friend for a later dinner, so I squeezed in a few miles on the trail trail.
- Tuesday – Finally a rest day but I did sub for a friend and played tennis (in the group I used to play in on Tuesdays). I hadn’t played since Florida but it was still fun catching up with friends on the court and afterwards at dinner.
- Wednesday – Ice Cream group run #1 and Global Running Day.
You know I am all over anything that includes ice cream. Just in case, I did bail on the run since thunderstorms were predicted, I walked my Virtual Run during lunch.
The rain did hold off. But it was very humid and the ice cream was a welcome post-run treat.
- Thursday – Another rest day due to a much needed hair appt. I did get in a pre-work and lunch time walk.
- Friday – A quick run after work and before my weekly mah jongg game.
- Saturday – Many 5ks to choose from today but I decided instead of running to volunteer at a race. My fellow Sole Sister, Chris, was hosting a water stop at her house (which was on the race course). It was so rewarding to participate in this way (I need to volunteer more often) and the post race barbecue rocked, as well.
- Sunday – I have race fever. Two races today. First the Betar Byway 5k followed by the Moreau Mile. Both I have already run in the past but several years ago. It was a beautiful course but holy hills!
After the race, I headed up North to go boating with the hubby. It was a gorgeous day to relax on the water in the sun!!