Well, we finally got snow and it sucked. Really put a damper on my running. I hate to run on the treadmill!!)
Last week –
- Monday – Love me a day off from work. I can run in the daylight anywhere I chose. Of course, it would have been nice not to worry about finding a running route without snow. As I mentioned for the Saturday long run, The Crossings is the only place (beside UAlbany) I knew where they shovel the snow on most of the paths. The biggest problem was not the snow, however, but the sub-zero temps. And NO, I did not run outdoors. The wind was horrendous. I cooked and cleaned but got cabin fever so I decided to go to my free gym since I was nearby doing errands. I threw in the towel after 2 miles on the treadmill. I was miserable. I won’t do that again.
- Tuesday – An after work run at UAlbany. Both of my Sole Sisters decided to run on the treadmill. I chose UAlbany because it is a college and the paths are always clear and lit. It was cold but nothing compared to the day before. However the paths were far from cleared. Mostly snow-covered and hard to run on. Very disappointing.
- Wednesday – Another after work run. It was windy but warmer but it threatened to snow/sleet/rain all day so I was ready to throw in the towel (even though the first run for the STEM program was scheduled for 6:30 pm tonight) However, when I got out of work, it hadn’t started yet…Next was the question on where to run??? Good News. All the paths at UAlbany were clear so off I went (sorry, STEM runners – it was raining hard by the time I finished so I went home.)
- Thursday – I planned on a rest day (and a rainy warm one it was) because I had plans for our monthly tennis dinner out. As always, a fun evening out.
- Friday – Another rest day and I played hostess to my mah jongg group.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters. This week, we met at the Crossings to run again due to the snow/ice. I had 12 miles on my schedule. It was cold again but the sun was shining. I ran my first 7 miles with Barbara, the last 5 with Sherry and there was brunch after. All is good.
- Sunday – Winter Series #4 Race and I downgraded to the 3m distance from the 15k. I wasn’t feeling great but when I got to the race and saw all my friends, my mood changed instantly. And although it was my worst 3 mile time in 5 tries, I got an age group award. Yes, sometimes it pays just to show up.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 3 miles, mall walk with BFF
- Tuesday –
3 mileswork set up, rest day
- Wednesday – 3 miles (volunteer with STEM)
- Thursday – rest day, hair appt.
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Polar Cap Race + 4 miles (Feb. 10 half marathon taper begins)
- Sunday -rest day, pack for Fla
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Did you get hit with the BIG snowstorm? If yes, how did you deal? Please share.