New work travel location and a few cancelled running events due to an early winter.
- Monday – Most of my running friends were off for the Veteran’s Day holiday and went for a morning run but I had to work so waited until after work. It was a slog but got it done.
- Tuesday – Drive to LI for work. It was my first time going to this location (even though it’s where I grew up.) I had no idea where to run but it didn’t matter because it was raining. But then it stopped and it was still light so I headed to Eisenhower Park hoping to find a route to run on. And I did.
- Wednesday – After work, I headed back to Eisenhower Park but just for a short walk. It was freezing and I had connected with two friends from high school with whom I would be having dinner. No time for a run but had a fun evening.
- Thursday – Well almost another Rest Day. I planned to run on the treadmill before work but bailed. After work, I had to tackle the long slow drive home from LI. It was forecast to rain but it turned out to be a blizzard so I spent an extra night there. And guess what? I actually ran on the hotel treadmill. Hated every second but got it done.
- Friday – Rest Day. Today I made the long drive home. No time to run as I had a hair appointment after work and a race the next day.
- Saturday – Race Day. But the Girls on the Run 5k got cancelled due to the weather. I had run this race before but it was in a new location. I basically was going to do the race to support this charity and to meet up with the STEM coaches and runners. I was thinking about not running it even before it was cancelled (too tired!!!). So instead I ran a leisurely long run with my Sole Sisters followed by brunch. Love my running friends ❤
Then it was date night with the hubby. Movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) and dinner.
- Sunday – Today I was supposed do a fun run with friends. It was called the Raffle Run and you run for an hour completing a one mile trail loop as many times as you can. Each time around, you earn a raffle ticket which is entered into a drawing to win a prize. This was cancelled as well. So instead I did errands, cleaning, packing and picked up by race packet for Thursday’s race.
This Coming Week –
- Monday -train to NYC, 4 miles
- Tuesday – 3 miles (in NYC)
- Wednesday – rest day, train home
- Thursday –Turkey Trot
10K5k, Thanksgiving dinner
- Friday – rest day, drive to Pelham
- Saturday – Pelham Half Marathon
- Sunday – rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Did you race on Thanksgiving? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.