It’s Tuesday so I’m linking up with these wonderful ladies:
Today’s Belated Topic is: Racing Mistakes
If you have raced, you have made a mistake or two or ten.
I race a lot, so you can imagine all the mistakes, I’ve made.
I have so many that I have to divide them into categories –
- Not training properly.
- Not training on hills for a hilly race.
- Dressing too warmly
- Not dressing warm enough
- Not using the facilities before
- Not bringing throw a ways for cold race starts
- Not bringing a bag to check for clothes after the race
- Not carb loading the night before a big race
- Eating the wrong foods the night before a big race
- Wearing something new
- Not lubricating and getting chafed
- Not using sunscreen and getting burned
- Putting too many miles on the feet the day before a big race
- Arriving late for a race
- Not charging your watch
- Not starting your watch
- Not DNSing when injured
- Not hydrating enough
- Not fueling enough
- Eating the wrong fuel
- Starting out too fast
- Walking too often
- Mentally giving up on a race
- Not DNFing when injured
- Not hydrating
- Not re-fueling
- Not stretching
- Dwelling on a disappointing finish time
I would like some do-overs on these races (and others):
Happy Running! Have you made any of the above racing mistakes? Any others?