Back on the road this week…driving this time and summer temps and another race, of course.
- Monday – Memorial Day and a day off from work. Normally we’d be at the lake but we were there for the past two days in less than ideal weather. I had a few opportunities to run with friends but I chose to run with Alyssa and some of her friends who were running a “monument run”. One runner had mapped out a 10k course that went from war monument to war monument. I thought that was cool. The only issue was that I wanted to run an easy pace. Their pace was much faster than mine. It was hilly and I was dragging behind. Alyssa nicely hung back with me and the other two runners stopped to walk when we got very far behind. Still it was fun and it’s good to push yourself (since solo I would have run much slower.) The funny thing is that the runner who organized this lives in my neighborhood. (small world) I could have a new running partner except that she runs 5-7 runs at 5:15 am (No thanks!)
The rest of the day was spent gardening (which was more strenuous and tiring than the run.)
- Tuesday – Back at work. Instead of running, I went out to dinner and a movie with my BFF. A late celebration for my b-day. We saw Tully which was pretty meh but dinner was great as was the conversation.
- Wednesday – Off to Rochester for work. After set up and checking into my hotel, I took off for a run. It was late and HOT but I got in some miles along the Erie Canal.
- Thursday – I had hoped to get in a short run before my long drive home but it was raining lightly and very HUMID.. I changed into my running clothes anyway. I stopped at my favorite ice cream shop and found a new trail (last time I couldn’t run there because the bridge to the Erie Canal trail was under construction.) on the opposite side of the canal. It was buggy and only high grass but it worth it for my savory reward.
- Friday – Another rest day since I don’t usually run the day before a race.
- Saturday – Race Day. Freihofer Run for Women, my 11th time running it. I was hoping for a dry local race. And I got one. Unfortunately it was very humid but you can’t have everything. Again it was a great local race.. I loved seeing all my friends and sharing in the excitement of 3,000 women crossing the finish line. I even had a surprise course PR.
With a 15k in a few weeks, I dragged myself out for a few more miles (inside of going out to brunch).
Don’t worry, I went out to dinner later to celebrate and re-fuel.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. My preferred weekend activity. Still it isn’t super warm and sunny but still a relaxing day with friends & the hubby. No complaints.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – train to NYC, 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – PPTC Summer Series #2 5k (in Brooklyn)
- Thursday – 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – 7 – 8 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating? or maybe a 5K?
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How did you celebrate Memorial Day? Please share.