Last week I slept in my own bed all week. Not so this week.
- Monday – After a train ride to the city and set up in Queens, I took the subway to Central Park to see if I was recovered enough to run. Mentally yes but my foot still protested so I ran a little, walked a lot and enjoyed a beautiful evening in the park. Then walked back to the hotel.
- Tuesday – it was a rainy day so I was not tempted to run. Instead I spent the evening with a former coworker.
- Wednesday – Racing? Who me? I ran one of these summer 5ks in Brooklyn last July so I signed up again. I was a little nervous about the foot but it turned out fine. It was warm and humid and I was slow but still won my first award in my new age group. Win Win.
- Thursday – Tired from work all day and another warm humid day but with the upcoming weekend forecast, I figured I should drag myself out. So I took the bus to the East River (after a1/2 hour wait for the bus) and then ran/walked a few miles. Afterward, I had a lovely (one hour) walk back to the hotel.
- Friday – Rest Day!! Worked all day then headed home on the train.
- Saturday – I wanted to run with the FRW group (and go out to brunch with the wineglass ladies) but we still haven’t gone boating yet. And though the weather did not look promising for the afternoon, the hubby and I headed up anyway. And we had a nice day. Not perfect weather but no rain. After a dinner in town with friends, we drove home.
- Sunday – Since it was raining at home, we decided to drive back to the lake. It was cool and cloudy but we had fun BBQing at the marina. Yup three days in a row without running. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have to take a break.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – Memorial Day, DAY OFF, 5 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, movie and dinner with Bff
- Wednesday – drive to Rochester, 4 miles
- Thursday – drive home, 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, expo, mah jongg
- Saturday – Race Day. Freihofer Run for Women 5k + 4 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating?
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Do anything fun during your Memorial Day weekend? Please share.