When I first started running half marathons, I used to start “training” 12 weeks before the race. My next one is my 30th half marathon and it is in 6 weeks (I think – check out my Ultimate Coffee Date post for an update on my situation) so I guess I need to start increasing my long run distance. (That is what I now call “training.”)
Last week –
- Monday – Another day in the high 30s with no snow or rain. I decided to check out my favorite path to see if the ice had melted and I was very excited that it had. I even had enough time before it got dark to squeeze in a run.
- Tuesday – Since I was not travelling, I was able to play in my tennis group. As in previous weeks, I took advantage of the fact that there is a treadmill there and
ranstruggled through a few miles on it.
- Wednesday – We can’t get a break with the weather … cold and windy again but I did get in a run before meeting my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Thursday – Finally a deserved rest day. Instead did some errands after work and then went out to dinner with a friend.
- Friday – Rest day #2 and mah jongg at my house.
- Saturday – Today my third race of 2018 (and my first serious one), the Polar Cap Run, a 4-miler. And a cold one it was. Though it was not a fast one for me, I still managed to snag 2nd in my age group. (Recap will be coming soon…)
Afterward I ran 4 more miles (2 while waiting for AJH to finish and 2 around town).
- Sunday – Another rest day and my first visit to Hot Yoga. I have been meaning to start back at yoga and with these cold temps, hot yoga seemed perfect.
Afterward, we went out to lunch to celebrate my stepson’s engagement!!
I’m not a big football fan but wasn’t that a great game?
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 4 miles
- Tuesday – drive to Buffalo, rest day
- Wednesday – 3-4 miles?
- Thursday – 3-4 miles?
- Friday – rest day, drive home
- Saturday – 9 mile run
- Sunday – rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are dealing with winter? Please share.