Last week –
- Monday – New Year’s Day. I was supposed to race but it was cancelled due to the cold temps. It got up to -8 and that’s not wind chill. So I waited until it warmed up. It was sunny and warmer but the wind chill just made it unbearable. Not the 6-7 miles I was hoping for but at least I didn’t resort to the treadmill.
- Tuesday – A rest day because I was scheduled to play tennis in the evening. If you remember from last week’s post, the gym there was closed due to renovations. Well, it opened early and there was an available treadmill. Enough said.
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day due to a long drive to Buffalo for work. After set up, I decided to give the treadmill another go. No improvement!!
- Thursday – A rest day and yes, I am adapting to my new go with the flow running schedule. No running and a long drive home after work. 5 hour drive became a 7 hour drive due to a mid-drive snowstorm.
- Friday – I planned on a short run before Mah jongg but it didn’t happen. It was too cold and snowy outside and I couldn’t face the treadmill for the 3rd time in one week.
- Saturday – I’m hardcore but it was even too cold for me (-25 windchill) to brave our arctic temps. One of the Wineglass ladies offered me a guest pass to the Y where I ran on the indoor track. Not a fan but at least I got in some miles. Afterward four of us met for brunch.
- Sunday – An exciting day in NYC with a friend. In addition to the holiday windows (displayed for the last day), a delicious lunch, we had tickets to see the Downton Abbey Exhibit and it was amazing!!
Next Week –
- Monday – 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis
- Wednesday – 4 miles, mall walk with BFF
- Thursday – 3 miles, dinner with a former co-worker
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 6 mile run
- Sunday – HMRRC Winter Series #2 (3.5M) race
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any snow yet?? How are dealing with the frigid temps? Please share.