Last week –
- Monday – I was nearby for work so decided to run at The Crossings. I felt great but had to cut it short because it got too dark (and I didn’t have my knuckle lights with me.)
- Tuesday – A long work day and a rest day after running 3 days in a row. Besides it was raining!!!
- Wednesday – I took the train to Manhattan for work. After I went to and from Queens, I took the subway to Central Park to run in the evening. It was great to run with lights and others runners around.
I continued my run through the streets of NY looking at all the holiday lights. (Pictured below are Rockefeller Center, Saks & Fox News)
- Thursday – I worked all day in Queens but still squeezed in a run along the Hudson in the evening.
Then I ran back to the hotel via Bryant Park.
- Friday – Again I worked all day in Queens and then took the train home…no time to run today.
- Saturday – No morning run with the Wineglass ladies. Instead I had a hair appointment and in the evening we all ran the Albany Last Run, a 5k race through the lights in the park. As usual, it was a fun time even though it snowed before and during the race and we could barely run without slipping. (In fact I did fall crossing the finish line LOL)
Afterwards, we went back to Judy’s for food, drink and a lively book discussion. The book was A Beautiful Work in Progress by Mirna Valerio.
- Sunday – Just a day to catch up on everything I’ve ignored.
Next Week –
- Monday – 6 mile run
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 3 mile run?
- Thursday – work in Queens, 3 mile run?
- Friday – rest, work in Queens, train home
- Saturday – 6-8 mile run, BFF’s birthday dinner
- Sunday – rest day, tennis Holiday Party
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin.
And the winner is…………………
WENDY from Taking the Long Way home.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any snow yet?? Please share.
The pink knuckle lights are awesome!!
Great week! Your pictures of NY lit up are amazing 🙂
I hope you aren’t sore from the fall.
Nope. My knee is ok. I’ve had much worse.
It looks like you had several beautiful runs with holiday lights this week!
Yes. Tis the season….
How fun looking at all the lights on the buildings in NYC. I’m sure it made your run fly by. I hope to get to visit NYC before the holidays are over. You guys look so festive at your 5k race.
If you can visit NYC, you should. It’s magical.
No snow, but LOTS of unrelenting wind…
Ugh wind is the worst.
You fell crossing the finish line? Go big or go home! LOL. I’m glad you were not injured! I would adore running around NYC and seeing all the pretty holiday lights. Totally jealous. Thanks for linking!
Yes. I know how to cross a finish line.