- Monday – Columbus Day meant a day off from work. The weather looked like a washout but I patiently waited and the rain stopped so I was able to get in a (humid) run.
- Tuesday – Back to work and I was able to play tennis after work so I didn’t think I should run. But I had some extra time and there was rain in the forecast for the next day so I did.
- Wednesday – Today was my volunteer day with STEM. There were only a few runners and it was raining. Still glad I was able to meet and encourage them.
- Thursday – A long day at work but I was able to meet up with Alyssa for run which is always a good thing. She claims that I got her faster. Now I hope it’s the other way around.
- Friday – A needed rest day and an evening with my mah jong friends.
- Saturday – Today I ran another one of my favorite fall races, the Great Pumpkin 10k. I saw lots of familiar faces, some running the 5k and some the 10k. I love the course and festive atmosphere. If only, I could figure out how to run a 10k and not a fast 5k followed by a slow 5k. (You can read my review here.)
After the race, I needed to add more miles since I had another half in 4 weeks. I decided to stay in the park and run some leisurely miles while avoiding the HS cross-country racers.
Ended the day with dinner out with the hubby and friends.
- Sunday – Woke up with a nasty cold which might have explained my lack of energy during the 10k the day before. But it was our last boating day of the season and my stepson’s birthday. So we went out on the boat one last time. Relaxing in the sun actually was what the doctor ordered as was the birthday cake at my stepson’s party that we went to after.
24 miles done.
This Week: Slow week of running
- Monday – off to Liverpool for work, 4 miles??
- Tuesday – rest day, after work drive to Buffalo
- Wednesday – 4 miles in Buffalo after work??
- Thursday – rest day, long drive home from Buffalo
- Friday – 4 miles after work, mah jongg
- Saturday & Sunday – road trip with friends to hike and sightsee in Watkins Glen, NY
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.