- Monday – Drove to Liverpool for work. In the rain. Thought I wouldn’t get to run but the rain stopped. Boy was it cold and windy. Wasn’t I just on our boat the previous day??
- Tuesday – Our first hard frost. But I had to work and then drive to Buffalo. The weather was so nice after work that I had to squeeze in a quick run even though it meant arriving late at night.
- Wednesday – Another long work day in Buffalo but I was determined to run. And I did. Perfect weather and great scenery.
Got in a few walks as well. Lots of interesting sites in the city. Gotta take advantage before the after work daylight ends.
- Thursday – Another work day and then a long 5 hour drive home. Ran one time before getting in my car. This time around downtown Buffalo.
- Friday – I thought I might get in a run after work. (Trying to front load my runs since I wouldn’t be running on the weekend and rain was predicted for everyday the following week.) But I had too much to do before my upcoming weekend away including meeting up with Julia who was visiting from Moscow.
- Saturday – Road trip with some tennis friends. Goal: hiking in Watkins Glen and girl time. We got lucky with perfect weather too.
Afterwards we ate dinner on the Seneca Lake. And then sat by the bonfire at our hotel on the lake.
- Sunday – Another perfect day. We took a long hike to a waterfall and afterwards ate lunch at a winery. The trail to the waterfalls was ideal for running (sigh).
13 miles done.
This Week: NYC
- Monday – off to NYC for work
- Tuesday – after work run in NYC?
- Wednesday – after work run in NYC?
- Thursday – after work run in NYC?
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – rest day
- Sunday – 12 mile run
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin.
And with Jess @ the Right Fits and @Jess Runs Atlanta
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Ever skip a long run before a big race? Ever feel FOMO when with your non-running friends?
You just never stop moving! Great week for you.
You rest when you die as they say lol
Sounds like a great week! That waterfall trail looks beautiful.
It was. I’m glad I had the opportunity to see it. I almost didn’t go because I am so busy with work and have a racecation coming up.
I am awed by all your pictures, every spot you went looks so pretty!
That hiking is plenty 🙂 You had a great week.
I hope so. Not the same as running. But better than sitting on the couch.
You are one busy lady! The hikes with your friends look like they were pretty amazing!
Yes. They were. Still missed running.
Sounds like a busy week of traveling, running, and hiking. That waterfall looks beautiful!
It was beautiful.
I actually don’t have local non-running friends.
I wanted to get in a hike to a waterfalls yesterday but it didn’t happen. 😦 Beautiful weather this weekend but in general it wasn’t a great weekend for us.
That easier. That means you never have to decide between running and doing what they want.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh yes, the FOMO is real when I can’t run. Obviously, I don’t run everyday, and I have other things to occupy my time, but I really miss it when I’m not doing it.
Yup. Me too.
Such beautiful scenery, as always! Hiking is no joke girl, it may not be the same as running but it works different muscles in different ways…still a great workout!
These hikes were pretty easy. The second was totally flat.
You’ve got the right idea by running around in the cities you visit. It’s the perfect way to see the sights! The weekend hiking looks lovely. I’d love just being outside in sunshine and nature! And, visiting with friends. Thanks for linking.
You do what you gotta do. It’s tough though when you are dead tired from working.