- Monday – Tonight was our second Troy Turkey Trot Training group run. Again my legs were tired from the running that I did on Sunday. When this happens, I can’t take full advantage of the training group drills. But I did my best but it was tough. Thankfully, it got dark before we could run another hilly loop.
- Tuesday – Just work with a short walk at lunch and tennis in the evening. We went out to dinner after and I shared a pizza. No dessert!
- Wednesday – I met up with Alyssa for a run before my STEM volunteering. The weather was perfect. I am still dragging. Luckily, Alyssa continued on her own for another loop and my STEM group is doing the Couch to 5k walk/run.
Afterward I met my BFF for some steps in the mall.
- Thursday – My hair appointment interfered with my planned run. (Hair color is important!!) Afterward I wanted to squeeze in a short run before it got dark but it was my MIL’s 91st birthday and I had to stop by for dinner & cake. (Another skipped run! Grrrr!)
It was nice having all the family together – my MIL, BIL & his son, SIL, 2 stepsons & their girlfriends & my hubby (In the picture above are my MIL, nephew, BIL, sons’ girlfriends)
- Friday – Rest day but at least I walked at lunch. In the evening, I had my weekly mah jongg game (at my house)
- Saturday – I ran a 5K race. No PR but 2nd in my AG. This is one of my favorite 5ks.
Afterward, I ran almost 7 more miles. I drove to the Zim Trail which has become my favorite place to do a long run (Could it be Leah’s cakery?)
- Sunday – I thought we’d go boating today but the weather was iffy so my hubby signed up for two tennis tournaments. I did lots of cleaning up around the house and went for a walk in the mall. (There may have been some retail therapy involved too.)
18 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days.
- Monday – Turkey Trot Training group run (3 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run with friends+ volunteering with STEM group
- Thursday – 4 mile run, dinner out some former co-workers
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest, boating ??
- Sunday – Ramblefest Half Marathon!!
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?