- Monday – The warm weather has left. It was chilly and so windy. I walked to the park to catch my last glimpse of the tulips
After work, I went to my last Freihofer Challenge Training group run. On the schedule was 800m repeats. I’ve never done more 400m so I was hesitant but I did it. 6 of them!! It was tough but I know it was good for me. My fastest was 4:01 and my slowest 4:20. Most of them were around 4:10 which is a 8:20 pace. Not that I could run that for more than a mile.
- Tuesday – A little warmer today but cloudier and muggy. I had time for a short run because after work, I needed to go home to pack and prepare for my 3 am wake up the next morning.
- Wednesday – Got up at 3 am for an early flight to Florida. We arrived without any issues. We started off our vacation with a wonderful lunch. Then spent the afternoon relaxing at the pool. In the evening, we went to a concert…lots of fun.
- Thursday – I got up early for a steamy run. Then I played tennis which was followed by a tennis lesson. As we always do, we packed a lunch and headed to the beach. In the evening, we went out to another lovely dinner.
- Friday – Today was pretty much a repeat of Thursday except we went out to a Comedy Club for dinner. Another awesome day.
- Saturday – Another vacation day in Florida – running, playing tennis, tennis lesson, beach. For dinner, we went to the Ritz (yes, the Ritz!!) and watched the sunset over the Gulf.
- Sunday – Running and playing tennis but instead of a tennis lesson today, we drove to Marco Island to take a boat ride – saw umpteen dolphins, walked along a private beach and then had dinner on the water.
19.5 miles done with 6 runs and 1 rest day.
This Week: (1 week until Half Marathon #20 – Taper Time)
- Monday – Wednesday – running, tennis, sunning, fun with friends
- Thursday – rest
- Friday – STEM run, mah jongg
- Saturday – drive to VT, VCM expo, pasta dinner
- Sunday – VCM Relay (13.1 miles)
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races? Did you have a nice Mother’s Day?